Thread: GTI 6C initial impression

Users Country Flag

GTI 6C initial impression

Just bought a 2016 Polo GTI after selling my Revo Stage 1 Golf MK4 GTI.
    Chalk and cheese driving wise, but I do find the Polo runs out of puff quite early in the rev range.
    I find I am rowing through the gears to get to 100, whereas the golf used to love 2nd gear all the way through to 100.
    Also flooring the Polo I get a lot of torque with very little push on the accelerator and hence a lot of wheel spin.
    Would a tune make the wheelspin worse (I know more power means more likely) but have any tuners been able to smooth out that curve a little?
    Any thoughts appreciated
    MK4 GTI Revo Stage 1 / BFI Dogbone Mounts / 710N DV

Users Country Flag
    Hey mate - the 2016 model will be 1.8T Polo correct? See screenshots below showing the difference you can expect between stock and stage 1. https://www.facebook.com/TarmacEngineering/

What these Polo's really need to help reduce the wheel spin is a dog bone mount insert which stops the engine moving as much under load and therefore helps reduce wheelspin. Good cheap mod. HP Dog Bone Engine Mount Insert - Race - VW Polo 9N/6R, Skoda Fabia/Roomster - Harding Performance

Dont forget that your Mk4 Golf GTI would have been a 5 speed, and the Polo GTI is a 6 speed so the gears are a bit shorter hence why you need to hit 3rd gear to get to 100kph (my Golf R was the same, needed 3rd gear to hit 100kph because 2nd would only get to to around 95kph).

GTI 6C initial impression-polo-gti-jpg

GTI 6C initial impression-polo-gti-dyno-jpg
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Lucas_R;1312544]Hey mate - the 2016 model will be 1.8T Polo correct? See screenshots below showing the difference you can expect between stock and stage 1. Tarmac Engineering - Home | Facebook

What these Polo's really need to help reduce the wheel spin is a dog bone mount insert which stops the engine moving as much under load and therefore helps reduce wheelspin. Good cheap mod. HP Dog Bone Engine Mount Insert - Race - VW Polo 9N/6R, Skoda Fabia/Roomster - Harding Performance

Dont forget that your Mk4 Golf GTI would have been a 5 speed, and the Polo GTI is a 6 speed so the gears are a bit shorter hence why you need to hit 3rd gear to get to 100kph (my Golf R was the same, needed 3rd gear to hit 100kph because 2nd would only get to to around 95kph).

Yeah mate the 1.8T.
    Good point re dog bone.
    I fitted one to my old Golf for the same reason.
    So long ago I had forgotten!!
    MK4 GTI Revo Stage 1 / BFI Dogbone Mounts / 710N DV