Support VWWC

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fuel Consumption - Post Your Figures

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amazeer View Post
    Even then you can see I have a couple of spikes where it looks like I've had some shocking tanks. But each one of those is followed up by a unbelievably good one.
    Amazeer, I too track all fuel use and I think you'll find the bad economy from one tank followed immediately by great economy from the next simply means you didn't fill up entirely on the bad tank. I had this happen a couple of times to me.

Regards,

Rob

Users Country Flag
    Unless you fill up at the same pump each time there are no guarantees that any other pump will shut off at exactly the same amount put in the tank.
    This would be the most inaccurate way to judge consumption IMHO.

When I wanted to do a consumption test I filled it up till i could see the fuel then did the mileage and filled it again to the same level at the same pump to get a true reading.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Just purchased a brand new 2015 Polo 66TSI Manual.

With just 200km on the clock, I took her for a drive to the sunshine coast hinterland and back (from Brisbane).

Managed to average 4.1l/100km on the return trip including multiple complete stops and crawls in congestion on the highway.

Very impressed!

On my way to work today, I managed 4.9l/100km in peak hour (driving carefully) - again, very impressive!

I'm still on my first ever tank of fuel (as filled from the car yard on collection), and I'm 650km in with 1/4th of the tank remaining!

Users Country Flag

Three weeks in and measured 5.2L/100km on my 2010 77TSI manual with 108,000km on the clock. 30% heavy traffic, 40% reasonable roads, 30% highway.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678