Support VWWC

Thread: EPC problem with VW POLO for 1.5 years

EPC problem with VW POLO for 1.5 years

Good evening everyone,

Last week i posted my first thread with my epc light nightmare. Please find copy of my post from last week .* the summary of first post is i had epc light problem with my 2013 polo, with 44000km.
    I took it to Volkswagen Osborne park in perth 5 times.
    Last time was last week and they changed the sparks plug again and they only charged me.for parts because i have been there many times for the same isse.so sparks plug changed 2 times in one year, they cleaned the carbkn, they said misfire is fixed and etc.
    So i.picked up my car last week.and today car started shaking and epc came light is on.obviosly they just get my money and cant find the issue. Could anyone advise me.i am devastated. It could happened to me in highway. Pls i desperately need help

My previous post

Good morning.,
    I am having a very bad experience with our vehicle.

Our car is volkswagen polo 2013 and has done only 48000 km

Jan 2019 our car had epc light warning and we took it to VW in Melville and paid about $900

In June 2019 the epc sign came on again and we took it to VW Osborne park.paid about $500.

I drove the car from the service centre 100 meters after it was serviced and epc came on again. They fixed it again

In feb 2020 we took our car to service in VW Osborne park and the technician advised us to fix some issues and we paid $750.

June 2020 the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and took it VW Osborne park. And they fixed it

June 2020 again, the low oil sign came on even though the car was serviced recently

July the 5th 2020 ,the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and we will take it VW AGAIN.

Can you please advise is this normal? Do i have any rights? Xan i ask compensation

Users Country Flag
    The light is only a symptom.

If the cause and correction is the same every time, I'd be a little concerned.

What have been the issues, and what's been replaced?
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Spark plugs has changed 2 times in one year.
    Last week manager said he put the sparks plugs into another car and it misfired so he told me.that he was sure it was spark plugs.one week passed car started epc problem again as of today.
    Previous they carry out throttle body service , carried out lambda adaptio values , updated software, cleanes carbon

If they identified the problem with spark plugs last week that means car didn't have any issue with spark plugs.it must be something else that they cant find out i believe

Users Country Flag
    Mine had a similar problem. VW had it for 2 months trying to fix it. Tried everything from new plugs, injectors, head, ECU.

Turned out to be a worn sensor wire but I forget which one.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    You said they cleaned the carbon, to what extent did they do that? did they physically remove the intake and clean it manually, or just spray it with some chemicals?.

If it was only sprayed with chemicals, id try and get a mechanic to look at the intake valves with a borescope and check for buildup.

Users Country Flag
    I also have an EPC problem in a 2015 MY Polo where the light only comes on in 4th gear (5spd manual)

Can't drive at 50kmh in 4th gear because it will momentarily turn off the fuel causing large chunks through the drive train

When coming up to roundabouts I need to select 3rd or 5th but never 4th

Vw problem

Quote Originally Posted by hawleybeach View Post
    I also have an EPC problem in a 2015 MY Polo where the light only comes on in 4th gear (5spd manual)

Can't drive at 50kmh in 4th gear because it will momentarily turn off the fuel causing large chunks through the drive train

When coming up to roundabouts I need to select 3rd or 5th but never 4th
    Quote Originally Posted by alexperth View Post
    Good evening everyone,

Last week i posted my first thread with my epc light nightmare. Please find copy of my post from last week .* the summary of first post is i had epc light problem with my 2013 polo, with 44000km.
    I took it to Volkswagen Osborne park in perth 5 times.
    Last time was last week and they changed the sparks plug again and they only charged me.for parts because i have been there many times for the same isse.so sparks plug changed 2 times in one year, they cleaned the carbkn, they said misfire is fixed and etc.
    So i.picked up my car last week.and today car started shaking and epc came light is on.obviosly they just get my money and cant find the issue. Could anyone advise me.i am devastated. It could happened to me in highway. Pls i desperately need help

My previous post

Good morning.,
    I am having a very bad experience with our vehicle.

Our car is volkswagen polo 2013 and has done only 48000 km

Jan 2019 our car had epc light warning and we took it to VW in Melville and paid about $900

In June 2019 the epc sign came on again and we took it to VW Osborne park.paid about $500.

I drove the car from the service centre 100 meters after it was serviced and epc came on again. They fixed it again

In feb 2020 we took our car to service in VW Osborne park and the technician advised us to fix some issues and we paid $750.

June 2020 the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and took it VW Osborne park. And they fixed it

June 2020 again, the low oil sign came on even though the car was serviced recently

July the 5th 2020 ,the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and we will take it VW AGAIN.

Can you please advise is this normal? Do i have any rights? Xan i ask compensation
    Hi I just had a vw in for a service with epc light coming on turns out issue was the gear selector on the gear box ribbing on the wiring loom when in 4th it had rubbed through a wire and was earthing out on selector may be worth a check looks like a bad design fault

Users Country Flag

One EPC problem fixed

My EPC problem was caused by the manual gear selector rubbing against a wiring harness when the car was in 4th gear. This actually wore through the insulation to the point where it was earthing out a wire. The wiring has been taped up, and the wiring harness has been cable tied away from the manual gear selector

I believe this systems use a two wire bus. Any damage to this wiring is going to bring up a myriad of unexplainable errors. Other people have mentioned worn wires regarding EPC faults. Perhaps see a good auto electrician