Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSG Software Upgrade

DSG Software Upgrade

Hi All

Some of you may be interested but i went in to fix a warranty problem (vibrating speaker) and they had 2 updates to do under instruction from Germany

I have an my12 1.2 dsg, and the first update was a software update to the DSG. I haven't really ever been happy with the DSG (had a 6 speed manual 1.2 before this) and since the update the box seems to kick down faster and react better to my driving style. Im not sure if its a placebo effect but it definitely feels like a nicer transmission.

Other update was some new spacers in the turbo blah blah. They lost me at spacers. Apparently this was to lessen wear and tear blah blah.

Regards

Aaron
    09 VW Tiguan Black 125TSI Auto - RNS510, DynAudio, Mdi, Rear View Cam, BT, Sunroof, Cornsilk Leather, Comfort Pack, Side Steps, 18" NY Rims, Tow Bar, Mats, Tint
    12 VW Polo Pepper Grey 77TSi DSG - Sports Pack, RCD510 and Mdi iPod, Comfort Pack, Blutooth, Mats, Tint, Panoramic Sunroof

that would be the 37G7 service campaign.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Yep. 37G7. Mine is getting updated on Friday. See if it makes a difference.

I'm also getting the sound amplifier looked at too. Common problems........
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag
    How can I tell if the DSG update has been done? Bought ours as ex VW car from dealer with 4000kms. Done 8000kms now so first service still some way off.
    MY11 Polo GTi - Flash Red - Comfort Pack - Bluetooth - Tint

Quote Originally Posted by CC GTi View Post
    How can I tell if the DSG update has been done? Bought ours as ex VW car from dealer with 4000kms. Done 8000kms now so first service still some way off.
    As far as I'm aware, it's a pretty recent campaign. Call the dealer (where you bought it) and they should have a record of whether it's been updated or not
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Quote Originally Posted by CC GTi View Post
    There will also be a different software version installed into the DSG controll module so if you wanted, you could allways get a separate dealership to look into it

Users Country Flag
    Another way is to check in the boot, where the spare wheel is located, there should be a couple of stickers on the car body itself (thats where the Wastegate Actuator Spacer one is for me)
    2011 VW Polo 77TSI | Manual | Savannah Yellow | Comfort Pack | Sports Pack |
    Installed: Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, H&R Springs, Resonator Delete

Users Country Flag
    Most of the time the "software updates" are resets by the service dept to satisfy the customer

Ask them for a TSB or similar.
    8VSS2L/16 E9E9 XG MP SPP1 4ZD 6XK CSC5P with an extra free 10kW

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Most of the time the "software updates" are resets by the service dept to satisfy the customer

Ask them for a TSB or similar.
    This is an actual recall affecting specific cars so there will be a sticker that will need to be applied to the vehicle saying it has been carried out.

Users Country Flag

Fair enough - still waiting for it to be posted by VW. No mention as yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast