Thread: DG200 Mechatronics fluid change?

DG200 Mechatronics fluid change?

Hi,

I'm about to purchase a 2012 6R 12. TSI with 95,000km on the clock.
    Due to the mileage, I am a little cautious with the DQ200 DSG unit.

I am planning to change the gearbox oil which seems straightforward enough.
    But is the 1.1L of fluid in the Mechatronics unit need to be changed? If yes, do I need to visit independant mechanics as the dealers would just say it's filled and sealed for life?

If it's just the gearbox oil that needs to be changed, I would be happy to leave the mechatronics unit alone.
    But some say when VW says 'filled-for-lfe', 'life' doesn't mean much more than 100,000km so I better be on the safe side and change the mechatronics fluid as well.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

Users Country Flag
    First, I don't think it's practical or even safe to change the mechatronics hydraulic fluid. It doesn't seem too difficult to change the gearbox fluid but both are optimistically intended to last the life of the unit, which I understand is 300 thousand kms with one clutch change in the middle. There was an oil-focused recall applied to cars probably newer than yours, after build date 5 Nov '12.
    Just do the gearbox side, that should be your best option.
    Last edited by KiwiME; 28-07-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Users Country Flag
    You can do the the transaxle part of it, but not the Mechatronics. The oil is just 75W-90 full synthetic.

You'll need to either buy or make an adaptor to fill it though, as it's done via the breather.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I also have the same question! I want to make a maintenance of the gearbox and thinking about also changing the hydraulic fluid of the mechatronics. It also has a drain port at the bottom and I was thinking to add 0.9l of fresh fluid from the breather cap. Will it be usefull this renewal or it is better not to try it at all?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannislp View Post
    I also have the same question! I want to make a maintenance of the gearbox and thinking about also changing the hydraulic fluid of the mechatronics. It also has a drain port at the bottom and I was thinking to add 0.9l of fresh fluid from the breather cap. Will it be usefull this renewal or it is better not to try it at all?
    Dont touch it ever as was enough trouble with incorrect oil from the factory causing corrosion and then needing replacement at about $4000 a pop.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannislp View Post
    The VW mechatronic hydraulic fluid is made by Fuch, they just put a VW sticker on the container.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    If its working I wouldnt touch it as the replacement ones come prefilled, according to what I was told when ours was replaced in a recall.

Im a great believer in "if its not broke dont try to fix it"
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If its working I wouldnt touch it as the replacement ones come prefilled, according to what I was told when ours was replaced in a recall.

Im a great believer in "if its not broke dont try to fix it"
    My replacement wasn't pre filled, it was held in the dealers for 2 weeks waiting for hydraulic fluid to arrive.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST