Thread: Dashboard Removal? Polo GTi

Users Country Flag

Question Dashboard Removal? Polo GTi

Hi Guys,

I'll start off with the problem:

I use a parking permit for the street that I live in. While hurrying to work the other morning forgot to remove it from the dashboard and but it in the draw below the seat. The permit ended up falling in between the front window and dashboard and while trying to recover it I manged to push it down further. Has anyone got any ideas on how I can recover it. Options I have come up with so far:

1. Contact the council and re-apply for a replacement permit. Don't think the council will give me one but who knows

2 Remove the dashboard and recover the permit. Asked my dealer they said they would need the car all day and said it would cost a fair bit.

3. Remove the windscreen and recover the permit.

BTW I have a Polo GTi 6R MY12.5

Thanks,
    Eddie

Users Country Flag
    If your lucky, you may be able to access that area of the dashboard from underneath the dash. All the a/c fans/motors etc are in there, but you may be able to see the permit if you dig around and use a bright torch. Another option would be to remove the glove box and see if that helps with locating it.

- Removal of dashboard will cost a fortune and no doubt you will end up with rattles/scratches etc
    - Removal of windscreen will be cheaper, but still expensive - and you may not have enough access to get to the permit.
    - Contact council to get renewal of permit would be my #1 option after checking yourself under the dash/glovebox first. Surely if you have been granted a permit previously, you should be able to get another one. Tell them your car was broken into an it was stolen?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    hahaha i have this problem too, except its just and old parking ticket thats fallen through and now covers the VIN, its impossible to get!
    MY11 Polo Trendline, Candy white
    RCD510, R badge, AP X coilovers, 17" Ariettas in gloss black, Rear muffler delete, GTI pedal covers, gloss back emblems
    soon to come, Front lip & Fat bottom steering wheel

Users Country Flag
    Tried a vacuum cleaner or compressed air? Might be able to suck or blast it back out...

Users Country Flag

I had the same problem a few weeks ago... was covering the VIN number... one piece of paper.

Got it out with a 6in Stainless ruler, but if it has gone further or is mangled, good luck.

Lockwire may work, strip of ice-cream container plastic would help... suppose you may have to go fishing.
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.