Thread: Considering 2010 TDI Polo with 7 speed DSG

Users Country Flag

Considering 2010 TDI Polo with 7 speed DSG

Hi - considering a 2010 TDI Polo with 7 speed DSG with 125,000km as a daily driver to get to work and sit in the parking lot. What do I need to think about regards this DSG?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ilium007 View Post
    Hi - considering a 2010 TDI Polo with 7 speed DSG with 125,000km as a daily driver to get to work and sit in the parking lot. What do I need to think about regards this DSG?
    Don't do it. Ticking timebomb that will cost you a few thousand $ to fix at some time over the next few years. Especially that old and with that mileage. Buy something else instead with a proper auto box (and not a CVT either).

The TDI engine will last a long time, the DSG not so much, other than that the Polo is a good car.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Don't do it. Ticking timebomb that will cost you a few thousand $ to fix at some time over the next few years. Especially that old and with that mileage. Buy something else instead with a proper auto box (and not a CVT either).

The TDI engine will last a long time, the DSG not so much, other than that the Polo is a good car.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I had a 9N TDI manual Polo and it was great. I'll steer clear of the DSG. Thanks!

Looking at a manual 2010 Tiguan 2.0 petrol 4MOTION as well.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ilium007 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I had a 9N TDI manual Polo and it was great. I'll steer clear of the DSG. Thanks!

Looking at a manual 2010 Tiguan 2.0 petrol 4MOTION as well.
    Tiguan is a great car, I had 1 of those.

BTW, the TDI 6R Polo in a manual is great too.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Tiguan is a great car, I had 1 of those.

BTW, the TDI 6R Polo in a manual is great too.
    Yeah, I've been looking everywhere, $9k budget... Can't find a manual with decent km on it.

Users Country Flag

Get the Polo TDI with a manual transmission instead.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler