Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blow Off Valve for the new Polo GTI released

Users Country Flag

I have spoken to a vw tech and they said forge are the best aftermarket parts for vw he wouldn't buy anything but. I also asked him about other mods he said to go eibach springs and a milltek exhaust but I think I will wait til I get it to work out what I want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kp_29MY16pologti View Post
    I have spoken to a vw tech and they said forge are the best aftermarket parts for vw he wouldn't buy anything but. I also asked him about other mods he said to go eibach springs and a milltek exhaust but I think I will wait til I get it to work out what I want to do

I dont agree with the comment about Forge being the best products in the business - most people i know with modified GTI's and R's do not use their products due to the issues i mentioned in my previous post. You can do as you please of course, but be warned.

Milltek exhausts are good but very expensive, and either Eibach or H&R are good for springs.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your comments I appreciate the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I dont agree with the comment about Forge being the best products in the business - most people i know with modified GTI's and R's do not use their products due to the issues i mentioned in my previous post. You can do as you please of course, but be warned.

Milltek exhausts are good but very expensive, and either Eibach or H&R are good for springs.
    I second the forge comments, never known someone with forge stuff that hasn't taken it off....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Gavs, I've got full APR Stage 2 on my 6R Polo GTI. (7 Speed DSG)

I see the GFB DV+ stuff come up from time to time in threads and have always been in two minds.

DSG means not worth it in my case then hey?
    The DV+ is completely different to what we're talking about here, it modifies the existing awesome factory diverter valve to stop it from bleeding boost in higher tuned cars. So with a dsg, speaking from personal experience the DV+ is a great mod...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Ah OK, thanks for clearing that up gavs!

Although I'm still confused as on the thread below, Guy mentions (to which you appear to agree?) that both the BOV and the aftermarket DV are a waste of time?

BOV Polo 6r GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Wow, That's amazing.

The OEM Valve has not been a diaphragm type for several years. The piston type (VW) has a pretty perfect record, not heard of a failure to date. Plastic pieces into the turbo? thats pretty far fetched when you look at the valve.

The spring doesn't hold boost, so that's a crock (in this case, the OE valve only uses the spring as a damper, its solenoid activated).

Any valve that dumps air for noise makes your car slower - FACT - It's a recirculating system.

Any DV with an alloy piston react's slower than a valve with 1/8th the mass (Plastic piston) makes your car slower - FACT.

Any valve with alloy to alloy friction surfaces requires maintenance, servicing & lubrication. If it siezes, it can cause damage (The exact r
    reason why VW don't use them).

Not having a go at you, but the factory VW DV (piston style, as fitted to your new Polo) is the best on the market for so many reasons.

The standard valve has been tested to over 600hp & 30psi of boost - no issues. Save your cash & spend it on some other bits please!

Users Country Flag
    isnt he mostly saying vent to atmosphere is a waste of time and most aftermarket ones have friction when opening and closing which could potentially slow throttle response. venting to atmosphere will slow throttle response, i've had an adjustable GFB on my other car and on venting its garbage. recirc is the way to go

Users Country Flag
    The last 4 points are purely about the DV, and all seem like very valid points.

Hi guys,

Just found this thread - 2 years later.

Im looking into the DV+ as well as High flow turbo inlet and a turbo muffler delete. By the sound of Guys comment on the other thread, these diverter values are no good??

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12