Thread: Best Tyre Replacement For 2017 Polo

Users Country Flag

Best Tyre Replacement For 2017 Polo

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 VW Polo Beats running stock Continental Premium Contact 2 - I'm closing into 60000KM and they are getting close to replacement time. 215/45/16r

I don't know if that's decent mileage for this tyre but I've been pretty happy so far.
    Just wondering what the best replacement would be if I was to go for a different brand.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 was another one I was looking at. Money isn't a big factor as I value safety and performance for me and my loved ones.

Thank You
    Last edited by ZackyD; 16-04-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackyD View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a 2017 VW Polo Beats running stock Continental Premium Contact 2 - I'm closing into 60000KM and they are getting close to replacement time. 215/45/16r

I don't know if that's decent mileage for this tyre but I've been pretty happy so far.
    Just wondering what the best replacement would be if I was to go for a different brand.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 was another one I was looking at. Money isn't a big factor as I value safety and performance for me and my loved ones.

Thank You
    It’s fantastic mileage. I’d be replacing them with the same ones.

Users Country Flag
    I’ve always been happy with Bridgestone RE003 on my Polos. I drive quite spiritedly and get about 50k kms. Best deals on Tyresales.com.au.

Ben
    Current: ‘18 Golf GTI Original
    Past: ‘05 RS 225 Cup
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys, I take it anywhere between 50000KM to 60000KM for these performance tyres is the average.
    I was babying it for the first 20000KM so that would explain why it's lasted this far. Haha

Users Country Flag
    I've been using the Continental Premium Contact 2 from day one as the new owner of my Polo, now 5 yrs old, 99K on the clock.
    I've been through at least 3 sets in this time and have never looked at any other brand of tyre, very happy with their performance.
    They just stick to the road and are brilliant in the wet and I am not one for 'nursing' my tyres...lol.
    I opted for the sports pack so not sure how much difference this makes to grip etc.

Users Country Flag
    re003's are a good tyre.

Users Country Flag
    Which is what I did with the Conti Premium Contact2 on my 81TSI. Replaced the original ones at 135,000km with 3 new ones & the unused spare, keeping one of the originals as a spare as all were still roadworthy - they would have made it to 150,000km easily.

Most tyres with a '40' profile are going to be pretty good.
    They rarely make cheap tyres of this type