Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Wipers - How does it work?

Users Country Flag

Automatic Wipers - How does it work?

Not sure if my car has Automatic wipers or not. It's the MY16 Polo GTI.

If it does, how does it work? it never comes on automatically in the rain - its just manual only.

Any help would be good!

Users Country Flag
    Have you read the manual It may just tell you in there. Remembering that it is written for all versions and yours may or may not have all or any of the stuff. There is usually a setting on the wiper control that activates auto And will be covered in the relevant section of the manual/
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    If you set the Wiper Stalk on the second click from the bottom thats Auto. 1 click is Off

Users Country Flag
    Dont be shocked when they activate when its bone dry. Dust can fool the sensors into thinking that its seeing spots of rain.

I always wonder if it freaks out those guys who wait at the traffic lights with a bottle of water and a dirty squeegee and demand dollars to clean an already clean screen, and if their slow reactions would break the wipers at all... remember to wave them away... LOL!
    Bury S9 XL cradle for Touch Adaptor for sale: http://tinyurl.com/hgmjc4j

Sold my Shadow Blue MY12.5 3 door Polo GTI for a WRX Hyperblue...
    SPOC - 1st Four.... www.DeskDivers.com & www.PloProf.com & www.2smoked.com & www.JonWallis.com

Users Country Flag
    just check your windscreen for rain/light sensor? Do you have auto lights?

Users Country Flag
    VW sensors look like this. Does yours have one?
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Users Country Flag
    My16 GTI comes with auto head lights and wipers... For headlights leave the switch on auto.. For the wipers leave the wipers on the 'INT' setting... So 1 up from OFF. Adjust the sensitivity with the small slider switch on the wiper stalk...
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Mine cracked into life when a geezer sprayed my windscreen once at a set of traffic lights.
    He didn't take it well, but it did result in my drivers side window being cleaned with his saliva, which I thought was a really nice customer service touch. Mainly because I, along with most people really love the smell of bong water and dry horror munchies saliva.

**** that guy.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Read the manual, didn't realise you had to push it up one level. Haven't tried it yet but will give it a go tomorrow.

Appreciate the help!

Attached a picture of the my16 sensor.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JonW View Post
    I always wonder if it freaks out those guys who wait at the traffic lights with a bottle of water and a dirty squeegee and demand dollars to clean an already clean screen, and if their slow reactions would break the wipers at all... remember to wave them away... LOL!
    I panic when those guys look at me, thinking if they lift the windscreen wipers they'll chip the bonnet. Sometimes they dont take no for an answer, probably hoping you'l feel guilty and give them money. I dont like being window raped. I got clean soapy water in the bottle with my own inbuilt squeegees.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast