Support VWWC

Thread: After Market Head Units for the Polo 6R GTI MIB2.5 Discover Media system

Users Country Flag

After Market Head Units for the Polo 6R GTI MIB2.5 Discover Media system

Our Infotainment system has lost the plot and the stock LCD screen has decided to no longer work properly, screen tearing, navigation all flickering etc.

Volkswagen checked it and confirmed its broken (for $17 and they can replace the whole unit for $4500++

FYI: That's more the I paid for my first Holden !!!

So I believe even buying an identical unit from the wreckers (which we have sourced) requires VW to "Re-Code" the unit to the car - no warranty ??

What The !!!

Anyone suggest a good aftermarket unit that fits the Polo and does the same specs, reverse cam, navigation, sensors, Phone etc

I have seen UK versions of Alpine online upgrading the screen to 8 inch but nothing in Australia yet.

We are Brisbane/Gold Coast based so gotta source something around there.

Hit me up if you know anything somewhere that is reasonably priced and not $4500+ NASA pricing !!
    BRISBANE AUSTRALIA
    2015 Polo 6R
    Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Neither the Alpine nor the 330+ will fit a 6C (that had a MIB radio) without a facia adaptor.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Neither the Alpine nor the 330+ will fit a 6C (that had a MIB radio) without a facia adaptor.
    the alpine i linked comes with an adapter kit. Same as mine did for the amarok., unless the version you have has a different facia? if thats the case, my apologies

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by meeso View Post
    the alpine i linked comes with an adapter kit. Same as mine did for the amarok., unless the version you have has a different facia? if thats the case, my apologies
    Yes, facia in MY16+ (which is the 6C with MIB radios) is different.

The kit will fit the 6R 2010 to 2014 models but not the later ones.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

That's a close fit to the existing screen which we already tried by getting one from the wreckers, made no difference. That confirmed that our MIB2 Head Unit 3Q0035864 is stuffed. The 2015 GTI Polo model has SatNav, Traffic, and Voice- the 8 button edition. I have a spare screen now but as usual, I had a 50/50 chance that the screen was the problem.... It wasn't. I'm now trying to find a Head Unit that is compatible with the existing 6C0 919 603 A screen we have.
    BRISBANE AUSTRALIA
    2015 Polo 6R