Thread: 77TSI Expertise Needed - Brake Pads

Users Country Flag

Exclamation 77TSI Expertise Needed - Brake Pads

Guys,

I have a MY13.5 77TSI with the 288mm rotors on front.

Something has caught my attention, the part sold to me by Brakes direct which hasn't arrived yet was the Remsa 1030.01.

Why on earth is there a sensor attached to it? Am I being sent the correct pads?

Ultimately I need to know before the weekends over because who I am getting them replaced by has a Thursday deadline and the Brakes direct parts are due here Tuesday/Wednesday.........

If anyone knows, please let me know
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Users Country Flag
    The sensor can connect to cars with the brake pad wear warning system which will throw a warning light when the pads get too low. If your car doesn't have the system, but the pads you bought do, many mechanics will just cut the cable off as close to the edge of the pad as they can and it'll function just like a normal one. Hope that makes sense
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by alexaescht View Post
    The sensor can connect to cars with the brake pad wear warning system which will throw a warning light when the pads get too low. If your car doesn't have the system, but the pads you bought do, many mechanics will just cut the cable off as close to the edge of the pad as they can and it'll function just like a normal one. Hope that makes sense
    Thank you! That makes perfect sense!

I was freaking out there....
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack