Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6R GTI misfiring

Users Country Flag

6R GTI misfiring

Last week my 2013 GTI (43,000 kms) started running rough. Took it to South Yarra VW and they said it had a fault code - cylinders 2,3 & 4 misfiring - but did a software update and couldn't repro the problem so gave it back to me the same day. I'm guessing they didn't actually take it for a long drive and get it warm like I suggested and didn't check any parts hoping it was just a one off.

It gradually started playing up again this week and today the engine light came on so I've booked it in with them again.

Really obvious rough running when driving at a constant speed at about 2.4k RPMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    I had the same problem with my Mk6 Golf GTI. Dealership was useless, needed about 5 visits over many months to convince them there was a problem. In the end I told them I wasnt returning their loan car until it was fixed.

Horrible cold starts, and lack of power/rough with low throttle around 2200-2400RPM.

Turned out to be a broken intake manifold (runners) and the valves were caked with carbon.

The key to getting it fixed is take it back as soon as you can, I was at the dealership 3 days in a row, PITA but its the only way.
    Last edited by ddre78; 31-03-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks @ddre78. They said I can have the loan car until it's fixed.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    Thanks @ddre78. They said I can have the loan car until it's fixed.

I remember a time when i was having all sorts of problem with Barloworld here in Melbourne. In the end I told them that I know how many kms the car came in with and that i give you complete permission to take the car home with you and drive wherever you wish but until you send me a screenshot of my ODO with you having done at least 50kms on the car, i'm not coming back (with their loan car).

Amazingly they were on to it quite quickly .
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

If you in Perth, there is a great mechanic Frans, he knows his thing...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6R GTI misfiring

Today VW South Yarra found that the spark plugs had "melted". So they replaced them and gave the car back to me. Once the engine was warm it started misfiring again. Bloody useless.

The next day they can give me a loan car is April 14 so I have to put up with it for another week.

Ben

Users Country Flag
    Melting sparkplugs? Wow they make up bull
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Took the car to South Yarra again on the 14th and they "reset" the learned parameters again and kept it for an overnight test drive then gave it back to me yesterday. I drove it home and it started misfiring in about 15 minutes.

So back it went to South Yarra again today for the fourth time. Now they're running extended tests and waiting for advice from Sydney.

Diagnosis when under warranty is such an awesome customer experience.

Ben

Still don't have the car back. This is the second weekend in a row without my car.

Ben

Still don't have the car back. They keep asking VW Sydney for suggestions and each suggestion fails to fix the problem.

Ben

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast