Thread: 66tsi brake caliper upgrade and suspension

66tsi brake caliper upgrade and suspension

Hey all.
    Sorry if this has already been answered. I am still getting familiar with the forum setting. I have a quick question about brake upgrades. I have a 2015 my16 66tsi and hoping to upgrade calipers. Do the 2015 gti calipers fit if i were to buy the hub assembly, caliper, lines, rotor, etc, etc. I think I was reading that the hub assembly for the small 256 rotor + calipers do no support the upgrade unless you get the whole unit. Also is the stud pattern the same?
    Thanks.

Lets finish this thread. Yes VanillaIce220 you will need the hub assembly from the gti or the hub assembly from a polo that has rotors larger than 256mm. You will also need the caliper and caliper to hub bolts. Lines can be changed over.
    Once I had the car on the hoist, I was able to quickly determine that the 256mm rotor/brakes have a moulded caliper to hub assembly. This was super annoying. At the time I didnt have the bolts. work was put off until the next weekend.
    It was different working on a polo. I am familiar with working on anything Japanese or Australian. The GTI caliper is a great upgrade and the brakes feel like brakes now. There is a massive difference in Brake Piston size, pad size and rotor size. I have brembo calipers (Endless pads) on my lib/legacy gt. The gti brakes do no compare to my brakes on the subaru, however, they still throw you into the seat belt. Great upgrade, do it to your car.

polomesa Guest

Thumbs up

cheers for the info!