Thread: 2015 Polo Reversing globe change to LED

Users Country Flag

2015 Polo Reversing globe change to LED

Hello. There was a post I read on this subject recently but I cannot find it sorry. Just want to say that I have just replaced the standard reversing globe in the left hand side (the only one) with an LED globe from Jaycar. It is only stated at 525 lumen but is about 3 times better. Jaycar part no. is ZD-0744, $22.oo, BA15s base, Canbus compatible and it is, as there are no faults. This car is a Jan.built 2015 81TSI 6R Comfortline 7DSG with some extra bits. Had it since Oct.2019, low K's and so far very happy with it.

Users Country Flag
    I recently purchased a new LED bulb for the reverse light alongside some new headlights/parkers from powerbulbs, however due to them being UK based, still waiting on shipping, good prices though.

Also had good success with purchases from Stedi (LED DRL replacements) and Blingworks (chrome'd front indicators)

Users Country Flag
    Thank you for this post!

Handy, as every single cheapish so called canbus error free LED reversing light I have tried simply isn't error free and a complete waste of time and money.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by laager View Post
    Handy, as every single cheapish so called canbus error free LED reversing light I have tried simply isn't error free and a complete waste of time and money.
    I have replaced all of the bulbs in the cabin and boot in my GTi with LED's from Jaycar without encountering a single issue.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Well, got a pair from Jaycar and no good in a 2010 Octavia vRS. Check L/R reversing light error.

Will take them back. Giving up on LEDs. Too much bloody time and money to do such a simple thing.