Thread: 2013 Polo GTI - Misfire and stuttering

Users Country Flag

Question 2013 Polo GTI - Misfire and stuttering

Hi all,

First time poster.

I have an issue with my 2013 Polo GTI 135000kms, where it stutters especially noticeable going up hills and constant misfires.

One day it will drive fine and the next borderline undriveable until you get to 3rd or 4th gear.

I feel like the engine doesn't "engage" until in 3rd or 4th gear if that makes sense! Pre all these issues gear 1 and 2 would be a breeze and the car sounding like it should!

I have changed coil packs, spark plugs, carbon cannister, it has been regularly maintained serviced both by VW and independent mechanic. I would be more than happy to leave it with my mechanic over a long period of time to diagnose and fix the issue although I am sharing a car at the moment which makes this impossible.

From what I have found online it could be, something in the wiring loom or the high pressure fuel pump.

Hoping someone has had a similar experience and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
    Last edited by 2013pologti; 08-03-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Users Country Flag
    It may be inconvenient to be without the car, but continuing to drive it could be causing costly damage. I would take it to a mechanic immediately, not VW coz they took over two months to diagnose rough running issues with my 2014 Polo GTI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag

Get it to the Injection Connection... in Geelong... he diagnosed the same for me as a broken wire to Map Sensor behind the Manifold. Did almost the same as what you are describing.

Have you an OBDII Dongle and is it showing Codes P0300,..1,..2,..3,..4 ?

I also agree with BenT above too.
    Owner and Operator of 2013 Polo GTI - Sunroof - Xenons - Reflex Silver
    APR Stage 2 Tune - HP Carbon Airbox - Jetex Stainless Cat Back Exhaust - APR I/C
    Plus a few other bits and pieces.