Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 77 TSI Engine Rattle on Start Up.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by epigoo View Post
    I have the same issues with my wife polo and the dealer said it was normal.
    Standard dealer response
    MY18 Golf 7.5R - Ecotune Stage 1
    Mazda RX2 - 13B Bridgeport GTX4202R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just in case the dealer won't come to the party with warranty where do I start or who do I put my case forward too? I should get an answer from the dealer today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Just in case the dealer won't come to the party with warranty where do I start or who do I put my case forward too? I should get an answer from the dealer today.

Customer assist.

The case you are puting forward is that it's a known issue that causes catastrophic damage to the engine when it fails. Your statutory warranty says that a reasonable person would expect that a quality product such as a VW would be fitted with an engine that is fit for purpose and has an expected life of "X" (about 200-250k km).

I assume you've read the information on the ACCC website?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kar2390 View Post
    I had the same problem with my 2010 polo tsi. Dealer replaced my timing chain and tensioner under goodwill. Apparently the old model tensioners weren't spring loaded and were causing slack in the chains. Its best to have it checked by your dealer, just in case.
    Is this a know fault in the 2010 models, that could potentially cause issues.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just finally spoke to VW this morning. Excellent news, they are covering 100% of the cost. That's on a 4 year old car that's done about 85000klms. Very happy.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Just finally spoke to VW this morning. Excellent news, they are covering 100% of the cost. That's on a 4 year old car that's done about 85000klms. Very happy.

Same here (also 2010 car). For others reading this, 100% parts and labour is what you should aim for and anything less should be unacceptable for all the reasons stated above.
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Users Country Flag
    Just spoke to dealer and booked in, they want to keep the car overnight so they can attempt to replicate the rattle when starting in the morning.

They also said the diagnostic fee is $165 which is absorbed by the cost of the repair if I choose to have it done.

However, they weren't able to confirm that they would waive the diagnostic fee if I was to get the replacement for free, they said they would have to make a claim for assistance with Volkswagen.

Not sure whether to try another dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by juussttin View Post
    Just spoke to dealer and booked in, they want to keep the car overnight so they can attempt to replicate the rattle when starting in the morning.

They also said the diagnostic fee is $165 which is absorbed by the cost of the repair if I choose to have it done.

However, they weren't able to confirm that they would waive the diagnostic fee if I was to get the replacement for free, they said they would have to make a claim for assistance with Volkswagen.

Not sure whether to try another dealer.
    I was told the same thing, its just standard dealer fare. It kind of makes sense as if they find the issue relates to something completely different (loose engine cover for example) then its not a warranty job.

I would not worry though as you and we all know what they will find.

My dealer actually even said "we couldn't replicate it but we know what you're talking about". You could just come to them with "Keep it for as long as you need to hear it, it WILL happen".
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I assumed it was just a standard claim. Yeah i doubt my car will be cold enough next week for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by juussttin View Post
    Yeah I assumed it was just a standard claim. Yeah i doubt my car will be cold enough next week for it to happen.
    While temperature is certainly a factor, mine did it when i went out for lunch on a 34c day so don't fixate too much on the ambient temperature, it does have (to an extent) a mind of its own when it comes to when it will present.

Of course your dealer will have seen a myriad of these before and the techs will be thinking "good.. another full day job to book out to VW, yeah i heard it"

They're not stupid, they would be seeing a lot of these now so they will most likely guide it through the process pretty easily

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast