Thread: 2010 Polo TDi DSG/DPF Issues....

Users Country Flag

2010 Polo TDi DSG/DPF Issues....

I'm not sure what just happened? I thought I posted my thread....but it's vanished? How annoying.

Anyways - recently bought a 2010 TDi Polo and absolutely love it.

But....

It's got a DSG 7 speed Auto gearbox. I don't like it. It seems like a very high biting point. I have to rev it a fair bit before it started to move. 1st and 2nd gear don't seem much use and the car doesn't get into its stride until 3rd gear.

Then.....when cruising around the city at 60-80kph, it wants to get into 7th and 'chugs' along....and by that i mean, literally chugging - really low revs almost shuddering. I tend to knock it into manual and drop it to 5th.

This isn't normal, is it?

Users Country Flag
    Did you not take it for a test drive before you bought it to find these things out.

All VW's are designed to get up in the gears early so as to give good fuel figures.

Whats with the DPF

Your introductory post is still there
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 07-09-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I sure did. Took the round the block.

Tbh - i just put it down to a completely different feel to the car i had been driving. Though - I'm not sure it's normal.

It drives great and is very economical but the wife won't drive it now - cause she doesn't like that you have to rev it and the first time she took it out - the dpf played up and it was smoking badly!

As for the dpf - it's not really an issue, just abit of a pain. I was thinking about deleting it as I've had to take a few long runs just to do the regen.

Users Country Flag
    Well I had a TDI and it wasnt like that. In fact i could win the odd stoplight grand prix Would pull away from stopped without revving.

Sounds like its been abused and had only short runs which is a bad thing for them

They are not really suited to being the shopping basket despite the occasional owner on here using them as such and not having trouble

You do realise it is illegal to delete the DPF
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah, it's not like this at all.

It's as if i'm in neutral when i'm sitting at the light. I have to keep my foot on the break for fear of rolling backwards.

There's be a couple of occasions now, this morning being one - where was stopped and put my foot down to move off - but it was unresponsive for a moment, very strange. Once going though, it drives great.

As for the DPF - previous owners said they would take it on a long run occasionally.

Think i'll do the same - take it on a decent run and clear it right out.

That's the plan anyways.

Users Country Flag

Take it for along drive, at least 2 hours, up every long hill give it heaps, make it work hard, 4 passengers is good, plus a couple of bags of cement in the boot. As well as cleaning out the DPF it will run better as well. might just fix the lazy throttle problem.

It's a diesel so they are inherently "lazier" than a petrol engine, they do need a decent prod on the throttle.

Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 11-09-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST