Support VWWC

Thread: '11 GTI 1.4lt with code 2293

Users Country Flag

'11 GTI 1.4lt with code 2293

Hi Team

The internet is failing me, as is repco and supercheap and autobarn and well everyone. I'm trying to avoid handing the car over to keystar and having to sell my kidney to fix whats likely a $100 part.

The Backstory...
    about 4 weeks ago i was cruising down the gateway when my CEL popped up on the dash. Checked temps, checked levels, car felt completely fine no change in performance or behaviour at all. Called VW keystar and they suggested i coped a bad batch of fuel. Advised if nothing felt off, just run it through and see what happens. Emptied the bad batch, refilled and 3/4 the way through that tank and the CEL went off. Scanned it, got code 420 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold, As Key star had advised.

Fast forward to Friday before last, Drive out of my driveway, around the corner hit a speed bump and the car died, completely cut fuel geared itself down and stalled out. Then wouldn't start again. Towed it back home and then left it for the weekend. during the week we manually checked the fuel sender and it passed, checked flow through filter and passed. Chucked scan tool on after full battery charge got code 2293.

Curiosity got the better of me, car fired straight up and ran fine, let it run for about 20 mins and turned it off.

Prior observation is that there has been some occasional delay/unresponsiveness from the throttle. This has led me to feel its either the fuel pressure regulator as suggested, alternatively youtube has suggested a "thrust sensor". I am unsure if they are the same thing (american video).

If anyone can supply a part number and location in the engine, would be greatly appreciated

Users Country Flag

Could be in this picture here pressure sensor; knock sensor; impulse sender; con... Polo/Derby/Vento-IND (PO) 2011 year Volkswagen EUROPA 906000

Call your VW Dealer and ask your Parts Advisor for a part number. Make sure you have your VIN number for the Parts Advisor.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI