Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: What do you love about your Polo?

Users Country Flag

needed a new daily to replace my Tx3 turbo fwd, had to be a standard car for around 11k, around 100k on the speedo

looked at xr4s for a while, 206 gti, clio sport........ then took 1 drive in a polo gti!!! turbo sold me straight up but so much nicer to drive then the others

Love that these cars handle like a go kart and basically runs on an oily rag! !

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIpolo View Post
    Love that these cars handle like a go kart and basically runs on an oily rag! !
    Soaked in 98 I hope!

Users Country Flag
    Got a stage one tune yesterday shout out to Tim @ dub addiction thanks mate very happy^^

For me I had been looking at a new car for around 2-3 months.
    Originally I had my heart set on a classic mini cooper, but the prices, age and safety of them made that not possible for the time being.

My brother used to have the MK1 golf GTI and I remembered how fun it was, I wanted something similar.
    Looking at the modern Golf's they just look too 'fat' to me, not what a hot hatch should be.

To me a hot hatch should be as simple, small, light and powerful as possible...which led me to look into the Polo as it's very close in terms of power to the golf but smaller and in my opinion closer to the roots of what a GTI should be.

The deciding factor for me was to have something different, Golf's including the GTI's are very common here in Auckland.
    So I wanted something to stand out a bit.

Add those all together, and that is why I got my Polo.
    I just love the fact that it's essentially a sleeper as pretty much nobody even knows what it is and just assumes it's a regular Polo your nan would drive.

I would love a remap at some stage, but then at the same time I'm keen to keep the car as stock as possible.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyFresh View Post
    For me I had been looking at a new car for around 2-3 months.
    Originally I had my heart set on a classic mini cooper, but the prices, age and safety of them made that not possible for the time being.

My brother used to have the MK1 golf GTI and I remembered how fun it was, I wanted something similar.
    Looking at the modern Golf's they just look too 'fat' to me, not what a hot hatch should be.

To me a hot hatch should be as simple, small, light and powerful as possible...which led me to look into the Polo as it's very close in terms of power to the golf but smaller and in my opinion closer to the roots of what a GTI should be.

The deciding factor for me was to have something different, Golf's including the GTI's are very common here in Auckland.
    So I wanted something to stand out a bit.

Add those all together, and that is why I got my Polo.
    I just love the fact that it's essentially a sleeper as pretty much nobody even knows what it is and just assumes it's a regular Polo your nan would drive.

I would love a remap at some stage, but then at the same time I'm keen to keep the car as stock as possible.
    I hear ya! I've got a tuned 335i which is an awesome drive, but I just prefer the Polo as my round town daily, it uses half as much gas, I know it's not going to break every 5 minutes, goes well thanks to a stage 1 tune, and is proper sleeper in 5 door, granny white, with no badge on the back - it's funny how many people get upset by this passing them through the twisties

Ps - check in with Gavin "h100vw" for your tune requirements...he was happy to oblige for this kiwi too.

Edit - doh, just realised Minty's post was almost a year ago...hopefully he's still the happy owner of a pog!
    Last edited by PoloGIT; 23-10-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Users Country Flag

I think you are interested in cars. I suggest you VW Central is the best Automotive car industry which provided us all types of Automotive and car spare parts. Shop our Audi, Volkswagen, Shop Mercedes Benz Parts Online from VWCentral to increase your vehicle’s efficiency. We carry a great selection of cold air intake kit, inlet pipes, exhaust systems and many more.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930