Support VWWC

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you love about your Polo?

Users Country Flag

That it's the wifes car and not mine

Cheers Al
    My Garage

People are mushy - Paul Hawkins on the merits of where to crash on the Targa Florio

brackie Guest

Welcome!

Great choice of car! I drove one not long after they arrived in Oz and was very impressed. Bought the Golf only because it had a little more cargo space.
    Enjoy the forum.

I bet you're also enjoying that 2.0 Turbo more too. The Golf GTI was named best performance car under $60,000.
    Revotechnik stage 1 flash, BC Sports coilovers, Lenso Type M's, APR R1 diverter valve

Hoyhoy.
    BACK to the Polo, it was the only car that I had a test run in & knew it was for me.
    Hooroo.

Easiest car to park, good vision, goes like stink, allows you to "play" with wheelspin, stealthy (apart from the 100mph stickers )

Users Country Flag
    Even though I am a vr6 owner (go the vr6) It amazes how much power you can get on those little engines I love those GTI's. I sore in a magazine. I think it was PVW they had one with a cup kit that was said to come as standard looked very nice.
    I'm soo euro even my missus is shaved...

I was like Eddy. I had one drive of the demo and knew it was what I wanted. New, not cheap to look at or feel, very responsive down low and around 30k. I was so impressed with the low down torque.

Plus I knew that they could be chipped

Jan 1998 Polo

G'day chaps,

I fell in love with the Polo when it was first launched in Europe in 1994. I simply liked the design and shape - like many other Europeans - but I did not actually get a licence until the year 2000 and then sort of got my Golf Mk2 for free (best car in the world), which - in combination with my low budget - prevented me from ever buying a Polo until this past November when I came to Australia.
    To cut a long story short, I like the superior quality of the car, the excellent fuel consumption (I am almost never at a petrol station) and I still love its design which sort of gives the car a contemporary and individual look. At 9 years and 130.000kms the car still drives like on its first day and I have the feeling that I in fact own a brand new vehicle !!

The Polo is a pretty common and favourite car in Europe - compared to Australia, which is in fact a pity since I really think that the investment of a few extra dollars over a Japeneese vehicle will definately pay off plus you get a fun car to drive !

Anybody sharing any of these feelings with me ?

Users Country Flag
    i think all us Polo owners do, as do all VW entuisiasts nick!!
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

The looks on other drivers

Like Eddie and Flaps saw them went wow then drove one and went holy hell Even better was when i picked mine up dealer had already put chip exhaust and wheels on it (i was too lazy to do it myself and no time) took off against a brand new ss ute and the look in his face when he realised he better take me seriously was well worth every penny

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast