Support VWWC

Page 577 of 736 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 7352

Thread: What did you do to your Polo today?

Re: What did you do to your Polo today?

Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    Installed a small sub and amp, new 8", amp and materials for the box cost $200 all up. pretty good, does not take up much space.

Nice, The std pog does lack a bit of bass

Sent from my GT-P7320T using Tapatalk HD
    Polo 9n3 GTI

I found with the upgraded HU to a Fusion (Im generally a fan of their mid range and up gear), the system had a lot more presence and punch. The sub is just a toy, I needed a new audio project and I've not done much on the car recently. The rears are lame, but I don't really hear them now the lowest octave is passed.

Needs some tidying / painting, etc, wanted to get it in and tested, was pretty unsure the system would sound much good, the box is only 9.9L, the longest length is 32cm externally. Its pretty light over all, less than 20kg, 1/2 the weight is the driver (heavy bastard for an 8") and the 16mm MDF (double thickness on the back) adds a little. The amp is cheap, I'm only using 1 channel for now.
    Last edited by noone; 20-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Fitted a SeatSport FMIC on saturday with much guidance from Gavin. Ok, Gavin did it and I mostly spectated. Thanks for letting me watch and learn Gavin takes much more pride in his workmanship than I do, none of this near enough is good enough from Gavin so anyone in Brisbane looking at getting FMIC and couldn't be hassled doing it themselves, Gavin does a great job. Very reasonable price given the time and attention taken to do the job too.

Hit the track yesterday morning in ~30 deg temps and the car was a dream. For reasons unknown yet, I find power delivery more linear, perhaps a little lag???), but is more linear and less "rushy". I also used to get a flat spot between 5000-5500rpm in fourth and beyond that would rush to 6000rpm, didn't notice that flat spot and rush y'day. One happy customer.

Now to sort stage 2 superchip tune and dump pipe.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Spent all day working on a false floor around the cage.

Its done, just needs carpet !!!
    MODS- TOO MANY

Users Country Flag
    spent last night taking the spiderwebs, nest and other nasties from the lower front grill, and fog lamp. then i got the heebeejeebees...
    serves me right for not cleaning gti often enough, or driving it enough...
    06 Polo GTI
    standard ECU, wheels | K&N Panel filter | PD160 intake tube and trumpet |Nulon 5W-30 | Michelin contact sport 3

Users Country Flag
    What did I do to my pog today?

Got a puncture. Side wall as well.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Clutch, flywheel, timing belt and tensioner, water pump, plugs, etc etc.

Expensive day out
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose two.

Users Country Flag

What did you do to your Polo today?

Split a coolant line at 4.30pm on the Friday afternoon before a public holiday weekend... Luckily it is only a pin hole leak, and that I had plenty of silicon to patch it up to tide me over until I can get a proper fix done.
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvlee View Post
    What did I do to my pog today?

Got a puncture. Side wall as well.
    Expensive puncture. Tyre can't be repaired. Current tyres (GT Radial) have 20k on them. So have ordered 2 new tyres and will put the on the front, Toyo R1Rs. Couldn't get RSRs and wanted a bad ass tyre. I am hoping they are better than what is on there at the moment, not expecting tyre longevity but hopefully it'll be fun while it lasts.
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Quote Originally Posted by rgvlee View Post
    Expensive puncture. Tyre can't be repaired. Current tyres (GT Radial) have 20k on them. So have ordered 2 new tyres and will put the on the front, Toyo R1Rs. Couldn't get RSRs and wanted a bad ass tyre. I am hoping they are better than what is on there at the moment, not expecting tyre longevity but hopefully it'll be fun while it lasts.
    ouch!! what did you run over? Hope the Toyo's are good. Quite happy with my Kumho's but they are not bad ass
    09 Polo GTi "Elke" | APR DV1 | H&R 35mm | Bilstein B8 | Remsa Pads | Pioneer |

Page 577 of 736 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587627677 ... LastLast