Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW roof racks for a 2008 polo. 2002 ones not fit?

Thanks Umai Naa and everyone else. Thats the link I found as well so I am bloody confused! Even found another pdf that was in Italian and it clearly showed my year, car model and the roof rack model all aligning as compatible!

I am just to pop into the VW dealership and get some new ones I think and flick these on. No matter where I try them it definitely does not fit . Oh well.

Found the document:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VW roof racks for a 2008 polo. 2002 ones not fit?-capture-png  

Think I may have sold it. My model number is ABA-9NBUD which from what I can see makes it available in Jan 2009 and therefor it just misses the cutoff for being suitable for these racks.

Thanks for everyones help.

Users Country Flag
    All 9N Polos have the same bodyshape right the way through.

Only the very early 'round-eye' ones appeared different on the outside, but that was just the front-end.

The model after, the 6R, was a completely different car.

Have you tried postioning the rear roof rack further forward on the car, where the roof itself maybe wider?

Thats how it should look

Thanks All,

Handy information to know.

I will try again tonight but am not confident. once the pin is in the hole it is physically impossible for it to be flush with the door frame as the width between the pin and the bracket going up is far too wide, and with no other pin holes in the door frame it can only fit in that one spot. Shown in the picture with the blue marking added.

Perhaps do these cross bars fit different door clamps and someone has changed them? I could shave down the pin and use it like a normal rack which just clips into the door without the pin.

Hi, found out for sure the seller had these racks on her polo which a 2002 model 9N10G4. Mine is a ABA-9NBUD variant 231.

Users Country Flag

Assuming they're both 5-drs, they're the same car besides the different headlights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12