Thread: VW Head Unit Swap

Users Country Flag

Question VW Head Unit Swap

Hey guys,

fairly new here, picked up a 9N3 GTI not too long ago, have a few things planned for it but slow and steady keeps the wallet happy haha.
    Anyway, I was wanting to change the head unit in the GTI, but at the same time wanted to keep the OEM look as well as having the option of bluetooth and AUX input, which lead me these two unit; no.1 & no.2

knowing nothing about the electronics (or mechanics really haha), I was wondering, would it be as easy as removing the existing unit and simply replacing with no.1 or no.2, or would I need an additional purchase of some sort of unit to enable the bluetooth to work, or additional wiring components etc?

None of your links are working for me bud.

You can get AUX and Bluetooth inputs for the stocker. They plug into the CD changer port on the rear.

Like this one: VW AUX Input Adapter Interface Lead 3 5mm Jack Delta 6 RCD200 RCD210 CTVVGX004 | eBay

Cheers
    Luke

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Slow_Polo View Post
    None of your links are working for me bud.

You can get AUX and Bluetooth inputs for the stocker. They plug into the CD changer port on the rear.

Like this one: VW AUX Input Adapter Interface Lead 3 5mm Jack Delta 6 RCD200 RCD210 CTVVGX004 | eBay

Cheers
    Luke
    don't know why the links aren't working, these are what I was referring to:

- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volkswagen-Original-RCD510-with-Code-Free-Shipping-EMS-/261888803433?hash=item3cf9ca0269:g:OP8AAOSwpDdVVhh b

- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Volkswagen-Amarok-RCD-320-Head-Unit-with-bluetooth-Aux-SD-card-compatible-/221916687259?hash=item33ab43eb9b:g:RJUAAOSwT5tWI1P X