Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission Oil Leak

Users Country Flag

thanks Sam, I appreciate the extra detail. I did a search and read about the 17mm hex - I'll make something or do the nut and bolt trick or use a mini wheel nut (double the thickness of a normal nut), no point buying a big ass hex bit when I'll hardly use it.

I do wonder what's in the box now though, maybe it is something good because it takes a lot of abuse with out any synchro crunches. Maybe I'm just good at sympathetic gearchanges after living with 50+ year old gearbox designs for all of my driving life.

but... oil argument alert! google says that Redline MTL is 75W80, and Gav says 75W90 - uh oh...

Users Country Flag
    FYIs
    G 070 726 A2 is the VW part number.
    Top Tec MTF 5100 75W is going in my box tomorrow. This says its for 7 speed dry clutch DSGs but that is just the gear side of the box, not the mechtronics! $16 a litre at trade

High Performance Gear Oil (GL4+) SAE 75W-90 This come up with th eproduct finder. $23 a litre at trade

I'm going to test out the cheaper stuff, in a gearbox I just fitted at the weekend. It has half the KMs of the car. If I get any crunching I'll go to the more expensive gear.
    Last edited by h100vw; 01-06-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Users Country Flag

hang on. just checked my spare MTL container and its 70W80. Nulon smooth shift synthetic which is going in when the KAAZ LSD box goes in is 75W85W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12