Thread: TDI Engine Versions

Users Country Flag

TDI Engine Versions

Hey guys,

I've recently been looking at purchasing a 1.9 TDI 9N and I've seen that there is a 74kw version and a 96kw version. I am just wondering if we ever got that higher power version, possibly in the later Pacific model?

I'd also like to know if there's anything to look out for when buying.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    The 96kW version never made it to Australia. We only ever got the 74kW version but they can easily be chipped to produce the same power.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thank you!

Yeh I think I will do that whenever I get one.

Users Country Flag
    The difference is MASSIVE so I highly recommend it. Plus you use less fuel when driving normally!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag

They're (Polo TDI) great little cars. maintenance is super easy (provided you have jacks and some standard tools), fuel economy is fantastic, there's now a s$#t-ton of parts for them for when you want to start modding, and when chipped, they will hold their own quite well, on a cruise day.

I actually miss my TDI. I wonder what it would be like now, if I hadn't been rear-ended by that Landcruiser.