3 inch down pipe
    2.5 inch exhaust system
    High flow fuel pump
    Relocated battery
    strut brace
    rear sway bar
    SAI delete etc

I’m interested in progressing to a stage 2 tune. My questions are:

Should I upgrade the fuel injectors? If so, which injectors should I use?

Should I get a custom tune? Are there any reputable VW tuners in the Newcastle area?

Cheers,

R-dubya

Users Country Flag
    You're best to ask whoever does your tune what the required supporting mods are.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    From your list of mods, you are already at stage 2 on the Polo. Stg 2 is reached when you change the downpipe (and optionally the intercooler).

From APR there is no Stg 2 tune. The only thing they will do is code out the check engine light created by the high flow downpipe. If you are not seeing the engine light on all the time, then it has already been done (or a spacer has been inserted for the O2 sensor).

The next stage is 3, which involves a bigger turbo. That will require a Stg 3 remap. Pick a Stg 3 kit (typically bigger turbo, possibly larger injectors and a high flow fuel pump + bits to make them all work) from the many out there, best to pick a kit that has a tuner associated with it. APR does/did at least 2 different kits and they should charge less for the tune as an existing customer.

Note upgrading the injectors on the stock turbo is a waste of time. The stock turbo cannot boost enough to require additional fuel. You only need injectors on a big turbo upgrade. Note Stg3 has different size turbos, so not all will need injectors.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 11-07-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    No need for injectors unless you are going with a bigger turbo.

To make the best from the hardware you have I would recommend that you get yourself an intercooler. Look at Airtec on ebay, be sure that you pick the one for the 1.8T and not TDI!!

If you are feeling flush and get yourself a Littco 280 turbo, 550cc injectors and a 3 inch MAF. You could possibly see close to 200kw at the wheels.

I can help you with a stage 2 tune, if you have a windows laptop and buy a cheap OBD cable off ebay.

You should read my build thread too if you haven't already. Gavin's cheapy but getting more expensive GTI

Cheers

Gavin
    Last edited by h100vw; 12-07-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    No need for injectors unless you are going with a bigger turbo.

To make the best from the hardware you have I would recommend that you get yourself an intercooler. Look at Airtec on ebay, be sure that you pick the one for the 1.8T and not TDI!!

If you are feeling flush and get yourself a Littco 280 turbo, 550cc injectors and a 3 inch MAF. You could possibly see close to 200kw at the wheels.

I can help you with a stage 2 tune, if you have a windows laptop and buy a cheap OBD cable off ebay.

You should read my build thread too if you haven't already. Gavin's cheapy but getting more expensive GTI

Cheers

Gavin
    Listen to this man. He knows his ****.
    Nothing to see here...