Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: simon's learning what to do with the polo thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks Gary - my mechanic mate has a couple of different styles of strut top in a drawer, one pair look like those from Suspension Concepts that can move in 4 directions. There is another set that just do camber... but I still reckon I can make one...

Users Country Flag
    For Sam, the red FWD car at the workshop on Saturday has a standard front swaybar, compared to the all singing, all dancing rear

Is that right! That rear bar arrangement got me inspired. Ive been thinking about aluminium solid bushing mine to the beam (grooved with a grease nipple), I'm doing some stronger rose jointed rear droplinks (adjustable on one side). I'll definitely be going to the hardest rear bar setting for the Faibairn Park Canberra hillclimb round in a couple of weeks now.

Cheers
    Gary[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    For Sam, the red FWD car at the workshop on Saturday has a standard front swaybar, compared to the all singing, all dancing rear

Is that right! That rear bar arrangement got me inspired. Ive been thinking about aluminium solid bushing mine to the beam (grooved with a grease nipple), I'm doing some stronger rose jointed rear droplinks (adjustable on one side). I'll definitely be going to the hardest rear bar setting for the Faibairn Park Canberra hillclimb round in a couple of weeks now.

Cheers
    Gary
    [/QUOTE]

interesting - how can I get a picture of the rear bar setup on this car??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    for sam, the red fwd car at the workshop on saturday has a standard front swaybar, compared to the all singing, all dancing rear
    is that right! That rear bar arrangement got me inspired. Ive been thinking about aluminium solid bushing mine to the beam (grooved with a grease nipple), i'm doing some stronger rose jointed rear droplinks (adjustable on one side). I'll definitely be going to the hardest rear bar setting for the faibairn park canberra hillclimb round in a couple of weeks now.
    As I mentioned it's chrome molly tube, gives the rate without the weight (of a solid bar). I'm working on a design for the front swaybar, same material, mostly for the weight saving. The driver adjustment is a bonus on the front, but it is very necessary on the rear.

Being chrome molly with alloy bushes it doesn't need greasing. If you polished your spring steel swaybar, clean off the paint and give it a buff with 200 grit on the linisher, it would only need the occasional spray with RP7.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    ha ha That up to Gary. Its racing in IPRA this weekend so it might be classified.

Users Country Flag
    interesting - how can I get a picture of the rear bar setup on this car??
    That rear swaybar set up probably cost $2.5K, with about half the cost of hardware and the other half design and engineering.

Cheers
    Gary

Users Country Flag
    ha ha That up to Gary. Its racing in IPRA this weekend so it might be classified.
    Like the military we have multiple levels of "classified", there's confidential (C), secret (S), top secret (TS) and sensitive compartmented information (SCI). That one is definitely SCI.

The front one, when I finish it, will be level 5, which is so secret that it doesn't even have a name.

Cheers
    Gary
    Last edited by Sydneykid; 15-03-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    Like the military we have multiple levels of "classified", there's confidential (C), secret (S), top secret (TS) and sensitive compartmented information (SCI). That one is definitely SCI.

The front one, when I finish it, will be level 5, which is so secret that it doesn't even have a name.

Cheers
    Gary
    understood sir, don't even acknowledge that there is anything to ask about

putting this here for reference purposes... "DTMWorks rear stiffener bar for Chev. Sonic"

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    As you probably already know Superpro make a caster adjustable rear lower control arm bush SPF3397K, on the Golf's we used to also make adjustable crush tubes that supplemented the offset in the bush itself and also gave some adjustment so we could finely match caster, side to side.

Cheers
    Gary
    hmmm.. SPF3397K lists for Audi TT & Golf MK4 - I'm not sure of the equivalent for Polo but it ought to be SPF3273

info for my reference

old thread about bushes Replacing Dog Bone and Control Arm Bushes

dogbone - SPF2907-70K
    LCA front bushes - SPF3311k
    LCA rear bushes - SPF3273k
    sway bar bushes - SPF2901-20K

rear beam pivot bush - SPF2481K

question for you clever fellas

there's some other little thingy that goes somewhere on the rear beam that stiffens something - from what I saw it was about the size of a 20c piece and it'd take 2 minutes to make it out of a bit of nylon, but I don't remember what it was or what it did... ring any bells?

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast