Support VWWC

Thread: Seats replacement

Users Country Flag

Seats replacement

Hi, Volkswagon lovers,

I would like an upgrade on the front seats at my Polo 9N3 and I will be looking for the best options for this.

Is it possible and what other seats (sport bucket seats) are bolt on Polo 6R, Audi A1, or Ibiza ST?

Are these seats are too big for the car itself? modding the rail to fit the bolts wont be a problem with it.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    You could definitely throw Skoda Fabia vrs into that list. It was built on the same platform as ours and would most likely go straight in.

This is not a topic that's had much/any great air time in my time on this forum (~10yrs). Probably something you'll need to research and develop yourself. If modding the rails aren't an issue, that opens up many seats beyond the VW range. I'd be thinking Fiesta ST as they're quite bolstered from memory and but sit comfortable for daily duties.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    A mate of mine is putting the recliner airbag recaros out of a Megane RS into his early Clio RS. Remember mate if you want to stay road legal the seat will have to remain a release-able recliner (for rear seat passenger escape) and needs a side airbag too. That's one of the reasons with the Megane RS recaros are a popular and expensive choice for seat upgrades.

Users Country Flag
    and here's me thinking it'd be good to put a Polo seat into my Mini... I do like the Polo seat...

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I agree. A bit jiggly but otherwise pretty supportive. For the street I wouldn't bother changing it.

Users Country Flag
    I think the mk5 gti seats are extremely comfortable but im not sure if they would fit width wise.

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    A mate of mine is putting the recliner airbag recaros out of a Megane RS into his early Clio RS. Remember mate if you want to stay road legal the seat will have to remain a release-able recliner (for rear seat passenger escape) and needs a side airbag too. That's one of the reasons with the Megane RS recaros are a popular and expensive choice for seat upgrades.
    Did this in my Polo about 5 years ago, was lots of stuffing around and most of the bits on the factory seat had to be chopped off (the Renault height adjustment stuff etc), then i made a base which bolted to the floor then attached generic rails and welded the seat to the rails
    MODS- TOO MANY