Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking

Users Country Flag

Cool Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking

Hi

Recently purchased a 2008 Polo 9N for my daughter. Seems to be a good little runner but unfortunately both rear doors do not operate via the central locking system even though the central locking is installed in all 5 doors. The front doors and the rear hatch work fine via the remote, the internal buttons on the drivers side door and the drivers side key lock.

Checking with VCDS-Lite and Comfort Command module (46) and then using measuring blocks - Group 9 reports the status of Rear Door Left & Rear Door Right as "Uninstalled" which is not correct as I spent all day yesterday pulling the drivers side rear door unit out (and putting it back in again) - please refer to attached screenshot.

So, I'm figuring it's either a wiring problem for both doors (suggesting a fault common to both doors - maybe a separate plug into the CCM for the rear doors) or I'm wondering if somehow the car is configured as a 3 door car instead of a 5 door car.

Would be grateful if someone could help out with a wiring diagram or any insights into vehicle configuration relating to 3 or 5 door set-up/coding.

Cheers
    Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking-vcds-lite-ccm-meas-blocks-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Body Control Module(BCM) is the first spot to check.
    Please show us your coding block. The "Not Installed" is an indicator the BCM is not configured properly.

Matching existing part number to the vehicle's VIN. Rego/VIN; we can check for you.
    If it's been replaced. It may be the wrong part, following wrong pinout.

And here you want to be sure there aren't any wires missing.
    P0050349020-Basic_equipment__From_November_2001.pdf - Google Drive
    Search the entire document; mostly be from pages 450 and up will be relevant.

I haven't worked on the central locking on a 5 door; but I will assume it is similar to a 3 door's front; where the door module is located with the window regulator.
    Do the windows go up/down? or are they manual? Manual windows; the wiring goes directly to the BCM(I believe).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Body Control Module(BCM) is the first spot to check.
    Please show us your coding block. The "Not Installed" is an indicator the BCM is not configured properly.

Matching existing part number to the vehicle's VIN. Rego/VIN; we can check for you.
    If it's been replaced. It may be the wrong part, following wrong pinout.

And here you want to be sure there aren't any wires missing.
    P0050349020-Basic_equipment__From_November_2001.pdf - Google Drive
    Search the entire document; mostly be from pages 450 and up will be relevant.

I haven't worked on the central locking on a 5 door; but I will assume it is similar to a 3 door's front; where the door module is located with the window regulator.
    Do the windows go up/down? or are they manual? Manual windows; the wiring goes directly to the BCM(I believe).

Hi JTop, thanks for the reply and the circuit diagram.

First thing I notice on pages 442 & 443 is the difference in the lock modules between the front and the rear doors. The front modules (F220 & F221) have two micro switches in them. The rear modules (F222 & F223) do not have any or if they're installed then they would be shorted out.

On the weekend I pulled out the lock module for the right rear door and it had three micro switched in it so it looks like it could be the wrong module.

I don't have access to the vehicle during the week as my daughter needs it for her daily commute. Hopefully I can get to it again this coming weekend and report back on the coding for the BCM. VCDS is very new to me - I gather the BCM is accessed via module 09 - Cent. Elect?

Yes, the rear doors have electric windows.

The VIN is WVWZZZ9NZ8U036179

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers, Kevin

Users Country Flag
    Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking-screenshot-2024-03-18-140727-jpgPolo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking-screenshot-2024-03-18-1414533-jpg
    Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. Busy ass week.
    BCM - 6Q0 937 049 F (Z15 should be installed)(Z1P if it was ever replaced by the dealer)
    Coding is important on this one.
    Comfort Systems - #46 -> +1+2+16 yours should be 17. Make it 19 because;
    We change 3 doors from 16 to 17 to lock and unlock the entire car on one keypress. OTHERWISE, you need to press twice to open all doors.

• +00001 = Selective Locking inactive
    • +00002 = 4-Doors
    • +00016 = Central Locking installed (from MY 200
    • +00016 = Central Locking without Power Windows installed (through MY 2007) IGNORE (never seen this work)
    • +00064 = Central Locking with 2 Power Windows installed (through MY 2007) IGNORE (never seen this work)
    • +00256 = Central Locking with 4 Power Windows installed (through MY 2007) IGNORE (never seen this work)

Rear door locks should be. There are OE alternatives too. Febi-Bilstein has probably the nicest latch system, it's butter smooth compared to OEM VW. No idea why.
    3B4 839 015AN - LHS(passenger)
    3B4 839 016AN - RHS(drivers)

Send me a message; I'll probably see that quicker than here.
    Last edited by JTop; 21-03-2024 at 09:25 AM. Reason: I can't math

Hi JTop

Thanks for the extra detail. I did have a look at the BCM but couldn't get very far because my VCDS is not registered - most functions are restricted. A screenshot of the "front" page is attached. I don't know if it has any useful information. Is the soft coding (2575 the code that can be decoded to reveal the module configuration?

I'll try the coding changes you suggest for the CCM when I get the chance.

Again, thanks for your help.

Cheers, Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking-bcm-home-page-polo-9n-png  

Users Country Flag
    Hi Kevin,

I'll send you a private message with the unlocked version of lite. If I can find it
    From the number you gave me. I can work backwards to figure out what is configured.
    25758 minus (-)
    • +16384 = Electric Fuel Pump Relay installed

minus

• +08192 = Rear Windshield Wiper with Comfort Function installed

minus

• +01024 = Trunk Lid Remote Unlocking impulse driven

minus

• +00128 = Heated Mirrors installed

minus

• +00016 = Seat Backrest Recognition installed

minus

• +00002 = Trunk Lid Remote Unlocking installed
    • +00004 = Electric Load Management active
    • +00008 = Interior Light Control

= 0. so those are what the BCM is programmed to.

Hope you can figure out the odd factor for why it doesn't want to work..

Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Coding is important on this one.
    Comfort Systems - #46 -> +1+2+16 yours should be 17. Make it 19 because;
    We change 3 doors from 16 to 17 to lock and unlock the entire car on one keypress. OTHERWISE, you need to press twice to open all doors.
    VW make the remote work that way for a damned good reason.

Imagine being the aforementioned daughter being followed to her car at night. She ain't gonna want that other door unlocked.

Hello again
    Thanks for all the advice. The coding for the CCM is currently 00256. With this I get selective locking on the two from doors and the rear hatch (one press on the remote unlocked the drivers side front door, two presses unlocks the other doors). However, nothing for the rear doors.

I changed the coding to 00257 to see what would happen. It changed from selective locking to normal locking (one press on the remote unlocks both front door and the rear hatch). Again, nothing for the two rear doors.

JTop - look forward to receiving your private message if you have any luck fiinding an unlocked version.

I'll have to find a full description of the BCM codes to find out why the rear doors locks are showing as uninstalled.

Cheers, Kevin
    Polo 2008, 9N Rear Door Central Locking-vcds-lite-ccm_2-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pogopins View Post
    VW make the remote work that way for a damned good reason.

Imagine being the aforementioned daughter being followed to her car at night. She ain't gonna want that other door unlocked.
    What? This is for when you unlock your vehicle ONLY. One keyfob press instead of two for convenience.
    If you don't open your vehicle, it will automatically lock! This is important.
    When you surpass 15km/h the entire vehicle locks too; this is important too!!!!

VW made this so they didn't have to replace two door modules; because they are difficult as hell to get to.
    Most 3 door users are just the driver. Drivers door always gets opened, passenger door sometimes.

Kevin,
    Change 00256 to 00019. See if that makes a difference. I never seen anything higher than 00019 used.
    I'm stuck busy. I'll send it to you the file later today because I forgot lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast