Page 187 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1896

Thread: Sam's build thread

Users Country Flag

Sam...
    What you have is a dream for so many 1.8T enthusiasts... It's 😍😍

As I said, I would be after a lot because I'd be interested in doing such jobs next year to cure my boredom, if anything rocks up at anytime I'd be throwing money at bits of not everything lol. I'm enjoying the car now, but always will want more out of it. Again, it's what you chose and decide that will be best for you.. don't let anyone tell you that you should kill all your hard work into this car.. nor the people replying to this forum(just us two vultures right now&#129300.

So many people enjoy reading what you've come up with every week or two. Actually. This forum has always been personally inspiring for me, giving me more silly ideas to think about 🤣
    All in all, I think a lot of us will always be here, no matter your path! If you ever decide to leave and come back to the 9n3 world, will be super easy.

I'd say stay, but it's completely up to you. You know what you're doing.. enjoy your evening

Hi Sam, so sorry to have seen and heard about this. You've put so much time, effort and blood into the polo's you've had over years, would be a pity to see you move on, but can equally understand the drivers. Glad to hear you were safe and really just unfortunate for such a small incident to have written off the car - you'd almost rather it go out in spectacular fashion, rather than what you've experienced (or is that just me, lol).

There's no one that I can recall in my almost 12yrs of polo ownership that has done so much engineering on the car as you. It's a credit to you.

Sean
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    A Honda Sam? Come on... Nah, just kidding, will be keen to see whatever you decide to do.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    fingers crossed still but it may just have a VW badge on it after all. Although I could think of nothing better than a cross breed...... a K20A in a Pog would be unreal.

Sam's build thread-dsc04760-1-jpgSam's build thread-dsc04768-jpg

In the words of the late great Chris Cornell ......... One more time around.

Users Country Flag
    fingers crossed Sam... I do like that colour

Users Country Flag
    Looks shiny Sam!

YAY!

Last time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was saddened to read of the Polo demise and gladdened by your post 1865.

A fresh start with a lot of lessons learnt and parts ready to go. Looking forward to the ongoing build thread.

A lot of people can now breath a sigh of relief at not having to justify expenditure on the part of of your dead Polo.

Thanks boys. The car is too nice ..... I don't really want to take it out of the garage!
    Compared to my old car its got more or less the same suspension/chassis mods with a few choice extras eg custom 24mm front bar, a bit more body bracing. Its ahead of the old car on brakes - it has Audi TT Mk1 225hp brakes front and rear with really good front brake ducting and a custom master cylinder brace. Maybe a bit to do on the engine front initially. It does have a K04-001 but I think i'll swap in my 3inch dump/cat + 2.5 inch back section exhaust which looks to be bigger bore all the way through. I'll have to find out if the exhaust manifold was ported as if it wasnt then mine will make its way in since it was pretty aggressively hollowed out. It has the 4 Bar FPR with the early APR stg 3 generic flash tune. I'll have to log it to make sure the stock injectors arent being maxed just to double check everything is super safe at the moment. It also has the full Snow Performance water/meth kit including direct port nozzles so i'll have to get right into that. Driveline-wise it has an SQS 1-way plate LSD and the synchros feel faultless.
    Other than that there's a tonne of spares. It came with Compomotive 8 x 16 inch rims with 225/45/16 advan A050's. They weigh 18kg in total including tyres, so same weight as stock rim/tyre combo at the bigger width with R specs fitted. That seems pretty good to me. There's also an assortment of springs (you all know how I love playing with springs)!!

The wreck is now in the driveway too. Dismantling that will start tomorrow. For now if anyone needs body panels, glass, doors, airbags, seats, oem wheels etc let me know. The performance part market will hot up in a bit when I take stock of everything that I have and work out what I'll sell.

Page 187 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast