Support VWWC

Page 185 of 190 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1896

Thread: Sam's build thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Understandable. I'd have done the same thing. I remember in my RA23 Celica with an 18RG twin cam many years ago literally going out with the intention to break it. Somehow it never actually broke though! That's some proper revs for so much spinning mass. I kind of hope you do do a mutant build, that'd be unreal.

So my build thread may be coming to an end. Well at least for Polo 2.0 anyway. It was written off today. Yesterday when driving home from work on a 3 lane main road I went to get myself into the gutter lane to fill up at the next servo. I was in the gutter lane with a semi next to me when a pizza delivery guy pulled out from a driveway into the traffic. To be fair on him he may not have seen me as I'd come from behind the truck but then again who turns onto a wet/raining main road in peak hour out of a driveway and attempts to do it by squeezing himself in right next to a semi. Sp presented with the option of a T-bone into him or trying to wash off as much speed as I could and sort of shoot the gap between him and the truck, I ended up going for a gap (instinct I guess) and hitting the rear tyres of the semi and him at the same time. Its weird but all the impacts were tacken right on each front wheel, both of which were jammed right back against the sill panel which was bent on the passengers side. So....write off.
    I'd just fitted a full exhaust system and was getting it tuned and gone back to 16's with 800+ dollars of Michelins and spent 200 bucks re jigging the oil cooler setup, all in the last 4 weeks and now pretty much dead money if I cant get the wreck back. Gutted doesnt even go near it.
    So since I still cant work a budget where I can afford a ****ter for the street + a seperate road registered track car (cos I cant tow), I'm in need of a daily that I can track. Polo may not happen again. Dont know if I've got the heart to redo all that custom, individual, dollary stuff again for the second time in 3 years! It might just be a big gear sell off and then change tack.
    I'm thinking Civic Type R Gen8 2.0L or RX8 atm. An Altezza rs200 would be ideal too. Has to be new enough to not be a nugget, 4 seater that humans can actually fit into the back of and fast enough out of the box initially to have me out on tracks. Oh and have to move pretty fast as I drive 30000km each year with my 100km round trip to work so cant be hanging out forever.
    OR get a daihatsu mira + a Go Kart and that way I can have real fun and next time someone kills my car I can just shrug.

I know RX8 seems odd ball but how else do you get 1200kg, RWD double wishbone, 4 door that actually fits people in the back, LOW centre of gravity, cheap initial cost, lots JDM and domestic go fast bits. Yes the Renesis is a bit turd but I'm more than able to do ignition system upgrades, oil additives if need be, fuel pump, suitable exhaust myself. Maybe one day i'll LS it!

AW MAN!

That’s terrible news Sam. Glad you didn’t get squashed by the truck.

A lot of trial and error/tinkering hours, all gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Absolutely sucks balls, I understand why you'd want to move on to something else but leaving all that work behind would be hard to do..

I've really appreciated all the help and advice you've given me too, so not having you as a leader to follow will be a great loss to me

Users Country Flag
    Aw damn..... Glad you are ok. Surely you could retain the wreck if you wished to? Completely understand not wanting to redo everything for a third time though too.
    Last edited by metalhead; 11-09-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Oh no Sam's build thread Glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Sam...
    FAR OUT... Hope you're O.K. Boss!

One moment, everything is perfect and the next, chaos.
    Absolutely smashed that you can't get access to the car to demod it all... Bloody pity. Buy it back from auction...? Plus another? AWD Polo? Mmmmmm

<3 lots of it

Users Country Flag
    FFS, another covid death. Sam that's tragic news. Hope you can break it and get your money back out of it.

thanks fellas. Yeah I just have to trawl the auction sites to see where it pops up and hope I can secure it or i'll be driving a Swift from now on.

Page 185 of 190 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast