Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190
Results 1,891 to 1,896 of 1896

Thread: Sam's build thread

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

And does anyone know if its ok to mount a battery actually in the cabin. I figure if you can put a battery in the boot of an un-fire walled hatch then there shouldn't be a reason why you cant put one under the passenger seat.

Users Country Flag
    Chassis is the car's ground anyway, shouldn't be any different as long as it's secure as well as in an open(but protected) environment(not right under the seat). ?Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any trouble other than fatal harm if it suddenly explodes and the plastic shrapnel collects you with it. Or fire or whatever. Hence the Hood/Trunk locations tucked under more protective layers.
    Probably need a profession to explain as to why, can only assume
    Last edited by JTop; 18-10-2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typos :(

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    And does anyone know if its ok to mount a battery actually in the cabin. I figure if you can put a battery in the boot of an un-fire walled hatch then there shouldn't be a reason why you cant put one under the passenger seat.
    A low profile Odyssey style I assume? Who's ever going to know that it's there? To be sure I'd probably cover it with some 3 mm acrylic sheet, DIY the bends with a heat gun. For the Skyline I located the lithium battery in the console, makes for short run cables via the isolator switch next to the gear lever.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Yep it'd be a dry cell type. Main reason is to just get it right out of the engine bay but not to the boot where I need every bit of free real estate for when the car is packed up with rims/tools/gear for events and like you said a shorter accessible cable run that will be easy to break into with a cabin mounted isolator when the day comes to do that.

Users Country Flag

Sealed units are ok to mount in the car cabin. Any other type that may vent needs to be in enclosure that in turn vents outside.

Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190