Thread: Redline transmission oil

Users Country Flag

Question Redline transmission oil

Hey guys,

was after some opinions on Redline MTL and MT-90, which would be better suited for the polo, and if you've used either of these oils how did you find they performed?

Users Country Flag
    I put Redline MTL in last weekend. Dramatic change. Synchro much nicer now.
    Mk 7 R Wagon Wolfsburg. APR Stage 1. Removable towbar.

Users Country Flag
    This was at 130k km. My impression was the gearbox oil was original before this. I couldn't decide between the two so picked the one that more people seemed to use.
    Mk 7 R Wagon Wolfsburg. APR Stage 1. Removable towbar.

Users Country Flag
    I've got MTL in mine. A mate was looking right into his oils recently as he has had some synchro dramas in a renault transaxle and found in the MTL/MT-90 literature that you shouldn't use these oils in differentials. What the? Whats that mean for our diff in gearbox diffs that run these oils?

Users Country Flag
    i got mtl in mine to made my car feel like it just got a new gearbox put in well worth it
    My Beast: 06 Polo GTI~White~Milltec CBE~APR V2 Tune~SuperPro Bushes~WhiteLine FSB~Phenolic Spacer
    2nd Beast: 02 Audi S3~Stock

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    I've got MTL in mine. A mate was looking right into his oils recently as he has had some synchro dramas in a renault transaxle and found in the MTL/MT-90 literature that you shouldn't use these oils in differentials. What the? Whats that mean for our diff in gearbox diffs that run these oils?
    I think they mean with LSDs Sam.

Users Country Flag
    I believe MTL is slightly less vicious then what MT-90 is. Either way, everyone that has replaced the stock oil with either of the redline oils has been pleased, it's just personal preference which one you go for, I can't imagine there would be a massive different in feel between the two. Some run a 50/50 mix of the two or even hear of some running 50/50 mix of the MT-90/lightweight shockproof. I run all lightweight shockproof from redline in mine and find it really good, but can't compare to the MTL or MT-90 as I haven't run them before.
    2006 GTI Polo - Big Turbo Build - Louis19's Build Thread

Bought MTL on ebay - $109.00 delivered for a US gallon. it was quick shipping and delivery.

The MTL has quietened the box and improved shift.