Support VWWC

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Devil mkII - The Journey Continues

Users Country Flag

Nice update mate, i'm sure those H&R's will be nicer than the FK's which had to be wound down to the floor to get any dampening happening. I'm wondering the if the code is due to the entire downpipe being coated with the ceramic stuff. it's cool to touch in summer months so winter might get very cool indeed and I remember Gav saying the O2 sensors need a lot of heat to work. Just a stab in the dark.

For the drone - because the wheel well is empty the sound bounces around in there pretty bad because the rear muffler is now positioned right up against it, so a movers blanket or two will fix that back yard mechanic style Also if you still have your parcel shelf from the silver Polo that helps too. I love my music so never bothered me tbh.

Best of luck with the drags and sprints coming up! And hopefully you'll see a few more killerwasps with the new exhaust at the JBS dyno day

Quote Originally Posted by VWindahouse View Post
    Nice update mate, i'm sure those H&R's will be nicer than the FK's which had to be wound down to the floor to get any dampening happening. I'm wondering the if the code is due to the entire downpipe being coated with the ceramic stuff. it's cool to touch in summer months so winter might get very cool indeed and I remember Gav saying the O2 sensors need a lot of heat to work. Just a stab in the dark.

For the drone - because the wheel well is empty the sound bounces around in there pretty bad because the rear muffler is now positioned right up against it, so a movers blanket or two will fix that back yard mechanic style Also if you still have your parcel shelf from the silver Polo that helps too. I love my music so never bothered me tbh.

Best of luck with the drags and sprints coming up! And hopefully you'll see a few more killerwasps with the new exhaust at the JBS dyno day
    Ahh yes, very good points. Perhaps best to add sound deadening to the wheel well... I like that idea more than quietening the exhaust Will go buy some today.

And also for the 02 sensor, cheers for the input. Both times it's come on has been off a cold engine and seems logical. It won't bother me if that's the case, knowledge is power and all that.

As always, thanks for the input.
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by seangti View Post
    Ahh yes, very good points. Perhaps best to add sound deadening to the wheel well... I like that idea more than quietening the exhaust Will go buy some today.

And also for the 02 sensor, cheers for the input. Both times it's come on has been off a cold engine and seems logical. It won't bother me if that's the case, knowledge is power and all that.

As always, thanks for the input.
    I am available at the airport today Sean, if you want to chance a ride to the Northside!

Gavin
    Last edited by h100vw; 22-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    Ceramic exhaust would have no bearing on the o2 faults whatsoever. Good to see you having fun with it.
    Last edited by Jmac; 22-06-2014 at 10:27 AM.
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

Users Country Flag
    I got a new probe off Jimmy, for my slow to react one.

They do need heat in them and have electric heaters, which the ECU can monitor for failures. I'd expect the coating to keep the heat in the pipe but maybe the large diameter has some influence on the temps?

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    I really doubt it mate the heater element brings them up to temp quick so the system goes into closed loop, the sensor doesn't work on heat, I very much doubt this is the cause. Yes they need heat but almost certain this will not be the cause only a failing 02 sensor in my opinion.
    Jmac
    Alba European

Users Country Flag
    The O2 sensors do have a limited lifespan as well...
    08 9n3 Polo GTI
    Mods: heaps

Users Country Flag
    ^^ Yes they do, agree mate. Ive fitted a few ceramic coated exhausts with no dramas with O2, im certain its the sensor alone and nothing else. Interestingly the service books in Skodas now have a provision for a tick as a service item. Go Skoda!!!
    Alba European

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    ^^ Yes they do, agree mate. Ive fitted a few ceramic coated exhausts with no dramas with O2, im certain its the sensor alone and nothing else. Interestingly the service books in Skodas now have a provision for a tick as a service item. Go Skoda!!!
    What does the tick mean Jimmy, they have looked at it or checked it's working?

Gavin

Users Country Flag

Change it
    Alba European

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast