Support VWWC

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo Problems & Fix Register

Polo Problems & Fix Register

Hey all,

I see that there are few people here that have or are experiencing problematic issues with their Polo's.

I thought I would start this thread so we can all inform each other and help each other Fix these issues.
    (If we want, maybe it can become a "STICKY" thread for all to add to and see).

So all you do is follow my template below and add your car specs (Brief)
    Mention your problem, Small description or what it's doing ect.. and then add the result, wether it was fixed by yourself (What did you do/ How did you do it)or if it was fixed by the dealer.

This way we might not stress as much when something goes wrong with our cars.

I will start -
    MAKE - POLO GTI
    KMS - 8800
    MODS - NONE
    CAR USAGE - BUSINESS DAILY

PROBLEM - SUNROOF
    DESCRIPTION - ROOF STOPPED WORKING THEN JAMED AND NEARLY SHATTERED THE GLASS
    FIX - TOOK IT IT BACK TO THE DEALER, IT REQUIRES A WHOLE NEW MECHANISM.(I HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE EARLY DEC 06 FOR THIS AND IS NOW READY FOR INSTALL)

PROBLEM - CLUTCH
    DESCRIPTION - WHEN DEPRESSING THE CLUTCH A VERY LOUD SCRAPPING/ SCREECH NOICE IS HEARD FROM UNDER THE CAR. ALSO THE PEDDLE FEELS VERY NOTCHY)
    FIX - NOT FIXED YET , WILL BE LOOKED AT BY THE DEALER WHEN NEW SUNROOF MECH HAS BEEN PUT IN.

PROBLEM - POSSIBLE SNAPPED ENGINE MOUNT
    DESCRIPTION - WHEN GEARING DOWN I CAN FEEL THE ENGINE JUMP ALSO WHEN CHANGING THE GEARS QUICKLY I GET A MASSIVE BANG ON THE FIRWALL, ENGINE SEEMS TO BE ROCKING A LITTLE TO AGGRESSIVE FOR MY LIKING AT IDLE
    FIX - NOT FIXED YET , WILL BE LOOKED AT BY THE DEALER WHEN NEW SUNROOF MECH HAS BEEN PUT IN.

PROBLEM - RADIO
    DESCRIPTION - AUDIO JUST SEEM TO STOP EVERY NOW AN THEN FOR A FEW SECONDS FOR NO APPARENT REASON,DOES THIS ON ALL STATIONS, BUT NOT WHEN PLAYING CD'S
    FIX - NOT FIXED, ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS BEFORE I TELL THE DEALER?

Thats all I can remember for now, not too happy with it at the moment,as it is my daily work car.

Hope this helps guys'n girls!!

Regs MR-GTi
    Last edited by MR-GTI; 10-04-2007 at 03:40 PM.

MAKE - POLO GTI
    KMS - 11,000
    MODS - None
    CAR USAGE - DAILY

PROBLEM - Radio
    DESCRIPTION - When listening to preset 5(Nova) when I flick stations and come back to prest 5 I hear snippets of classical music from another station. It will cut in and out randomly. It also happens when I start the car after work sometimes. It says Nova but plays AM music...
    FIX - ?

Quote Originally Posted by MR-GTI View Post
    Hey all,

IPROBLEM - POSSIBLE SNAPPED ENGINE MOUNT
    DESCRIPTION - WHEN GEARING DOWN I CAN FEEL THE ENGINE JUMP ALSO WHEN CHANGING THE GEARS QUICKLY I GET A MASSIVE BANG ON THE FIRWALL, ENGINE SEEMS TO BE ROCKING A LITTLE TO AGGRESSIVE FOR MY LIKING AT IDLE

Regs MR-GTi
    MR-GTI I also get the massive bang on the firewall. Scares the proverbial out of you.

2006 Polo Gti
    25000kms
    Business use
    Oettinger Chip, customer exhaust, 17"s

Besides that no other problems *touchwood

beefa Guest
    MAKE - POLO GTI
    KMS - 1,000
    MODS - None
    CAR USAGE - DAILY

PROBLEM - Lights Switch
    DESCRIPTION - Driving lights will turn on at every light setting (Parking or full) with the light indicator showing they are on. Touching the switch lightly will flick them on or off showing a dodgy switch mechanism.

FIX - Will take back to dealer at first service.

Wing Mirror fell out

12,000 kms
    Daily use vehicle

Washed car and, when returning mirrors to std position, left mirror fell out in my hand (wiring etc. still attached). I pushed it back in and car was serviced shortly afterwards. They tell me it's fixed ... but I'm not going to play with it to find out.

14000km's Polo GTI - slightly hard use

Stitching came undone on the drivers seat before PD (Leather) - the girls driving it broke both seat release handles somehow in the Dutton rally.

The stock clutch fried like it had run into the sun.

Oh - the firewall banging is pretty simply the lower pendulum engine mount bottoming out (we have been working on replacements for that.)

Sunroof good - the odd rattle here & there.

oh, fuel pump died at 9,000kms

Quote Originally Posted by MR-GTI View Post
    PROBLEM - CLUTCH
    DESCRIPTION - WHEN DEPRESSING THE CLUTCH A VERY LOUD SCRAPPING/ SCREECH NOICE IS HEARD FROM UNDER THE CAR. ALSO THE PEDDLE FEELS VERY NOTCHY)
    I haVE this - was told when i bought it up at the first service that aparently its the clutch noise/feel all of the GTi's make... I have gotten used to this now... but atleast if it does turn out to be a faulty master cylinder or the like the problem ahs been logged on service records.

Now my turn -

MAKE - POLO GTI (Candy White)
    KMS - 16750
    MODS - NONE
    CAR USAGE - BUSINESS DAILY

PROBLEM - RADIO
    DESCRIPTION - CDs WOULD GET STUCK IN PLAYER
    FIX - GOT THE RADIO REPLACED AT FIRST SERVICE

PROBLEM - REAR EYE LEVEL LIGHT
    DESCRIPTION - WOULD GET CONDENSATION IN IT WHEN WET
    FIX - LIGHT REPLACED AT FIRST SERVICE

PROBLEM - FRONT END
    DESCRIPTION - LOOSE FEELING THROUGH THE WHEEL WHEN TURNING AND ACCELERATING ON ROUGH CORNERS
    FIX - HAVE A FEELING IT COULD BE THE REAR ENGINE MOUNT THAT IS CAUSING SOME OF THE FIREWALL BANGING - WILL BRING IT UP AT NEXT SERVICE

Guy - How is the new rear mount comming along??? Please pm me when its available i will be first inline for a newie!!!

MAKE - POLO GTI
    KMS - 14000
    CAR USAGE - DAILY

PROBLEM - Driver's seat creaking
    DESCRIPTION - Panel behind the seat came undone or something
    FIX - Dealer tightened up panel and put in foam to make it stop rattling (??) - Problem came back 2weeks later but dealer say they can't hear anything
    UPDATE - Brought it back to the dealer once again and they have FINALLY ordered in a new frame for me. Finally goodbye to creaks!

PROBLEM - Clutch feeling spongey
    DESCRIPTION - Clutch all of a sudden felt lighter and spongey, harder to find the *bite* point
    FIX - Brought it back to the dealer twice and said there was no problem... but there's definately something wrong with it!

PROBLEM - Driver's window creaking over bumps
    DESCRIPTION - Everytime i go down my driveway or drive over bumps - the driver's side window makes and annoying creaking noise.
    FIX - Dealer fixed the issue, but the problem came back - as soon i brought it back to dealer they blamed the hot weather and advised to lubricate the seals myself
    Last edited by ryan_GTI; 26-04-2007 at 05:17 PM.

ryan_gti... can u pm me the dealer - they don't sound too helpful!!!

Polo Problem

Jeez i didnt realise these cars had these sorts of problems.

My car has 4,700 kms on it now.. (took deliver in late 06)

Absolutely nothing wrong with the car, total delight to own.

Creaking doors is normal, just lubricate the seals a bit.
    Ive also got a tiny occasional creak in the dash but thats it.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast