Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Polo Picture Thread

Mmmmm ... those last two pics do it for me. Nice post, Maris.

Dave

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Green T4 View Post
    mad pix green t4..... i been meaning to try take pix of the GTI infront of planes!!... you know, those "supercar and superplane" kinda post... just need to find the right time without getting suspicous!!!

Love the A9X style wheel arch flares and fat tyres - must be the bogan in me - just needs the recessed allen key screws to look REAL hot.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterHBne View Post
    Love the A9X style wheel arch flares and fat tyres - must be the bogan in me - just needs the recessed allen key screws to look REAL hot.
    Don't say that, Pete ... that makes me a bogan too.

Dave

how i wish holden would re-introduce the torana. hopefully the rumours are true. and let's face it, not all muscle car fans are bogans. i bet most of the forum members here love hearing a v8 roar in the distance, whether they like to admit it or not!

Latest edition of Motor has the new Torana on the cover, no recessed allen key screws I'm afraid - maybe you could petition Holden to reconsider

I spent my late teens and 20's around blokes (weren't called guys then....) in the 80's who had Australian metal - plenty of 8's and 6's in the Ford/Holden/Chrysler variety. Small queensland coastal town (Yeppoon) laps around the main drag on Friday night and hanging out in the main street stuff.

I had a 1980 standard corolla (well, sunroof, 4 spotties, Aungers, SAAS wheel and Clarion 4 speaker stereo) which I floogged the arse off and was regarded as odd but liked for it.

God I miss it

Saw a 74 XB with stripes, fat BF Goodrichs on Simmons and a wild sounding 351 driven by a young guy disturbing the peace in gentrified Paddington this morning.

Good to see Gen Y aren't all totally smitten with these crappy 4 cyls

Saw a 74 XB with stripes, fat BF Goodrichs on Simmons and a wild sounding 351 driven by a young guy disturbing the peace in gentrified Paddington this morning.
    Yeah those ol Corollas would never say die lol. Oh yeah, IMO, the 73-74 XB GT351 was probably the most menacing, evil looking muscle car ever made in Aust. The design of the rear qtr panels combined with 14" tyres gave the impression it could deliver a blow that would knock down the doors of fort knox.. Hope the mods permit us this indulgence relates to bolt on guards for Polo right

GT3 - so right. Those pumped rear quarters are just yummy. And you are right - wide 14/15's look just right - any bigger spoils it.

Just like the Polo (hello Mods!)

If you want proof of the sexiness of the XB, just hire Mad Max 1 or 2 sometime.

Easily the baddddddddddest movie car ever and definately in the Top 10 Horniest Cars to ever roll a wheel. Keep your whimpy Ferraris, Lambo's (well the last 15 years of them anyway) and Porsches.

Yes - Polo GTI's - where were we?

I often hire Mad Max just for that scene in the underground garage (with some pretty bizzare machinery in the background) where the Goose says "Kick her in the guts Barry" and that beautiful blown 351 breathes - what a noise!!! (Phase 4 heads, twin overhead cam (yeah, right...), sucks Nitro - 600HP through the wheels)

"You can shut the gates on this one Max, it's the Ducks Guts"

Last edited by PeterHBne; 16-12-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast