Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: polo not starting after clutch change

Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    WAIT. are you a million percent sure the starter motor's pinion sits right into the driven gear of the flywheel?
    The starter will mesh when it’s kicked out from its resting position. The starter gear does not contact the flywheel in any circumstance other than ‘start’ on the ignition barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes Hayden:
    Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    If you have a gap, would make sense. But from the initial diagnostic that the starter doesn't even turn over under load(when it's meshed with the flywheel) might be that it's buggered, try buy another and check if that is the problem.
    If there was a sizable gap or something funky going on, you never really know
    What else to cover until the entire crank is turned; we're all guessing

Users Country Flag
    Will the engine turn with a socket on the crank bolt? Of you have fitted a single mass flywheel. There is a possibility that the ring gear is jammed in the bell housing. Preventing the starter turning.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

So I got a second hand starter to rule out that and it starts but now it sounds like the starter motor doesn't disengage after starting. The red plastic clip on the solenoid plug is missing but that shouldn't cause that I think.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123