Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Polo GTI 9n3 $8k goodies

Users Country Flag

1.8T Tuning-Kit STUFE 4 BAR-TEK(R)

get this and then sell the pump. the excl VAT prive will be cheaper still. yeah forgot to mention you'll need a bigger MAF housing which seems to be in this kit.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Kind of confused? Sell the pump? And the gt2860rs 3k euro sets the kit at like 6k? Really looking into this I'm actually thinking that might be better suited to me.... I'm getting too excited and thinking in better off with either the gtx2860rs or even a k04 now I dont think I'll have the funds to get it finished with now $7k after bush kits and suspension mods.... K04 with lsd, airteck front mount, the turbo back and tune will probably be it...Why larger maf housing? I do like the look of their forged 20mm pistons rod combo though.

Also why would the 4bar fpr make the fuel pump work harder when the constant working load of the pump is between 5-7bar?

I'm about to do a compression test on the motor so I know how healthy it is before I do start ordering.... Any ideas on what k04 would directly swap in? And as for exhaust I'm thinking 3-3.5" dump to 3 turbo back future proofing for the BT later?

Will the k04 max out our injectors?

Also could you get me in contact with your UK tuner??
    Last edited by Akuma; 08-08-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Ok can't edit the last post. I really pissing myself off now... And probably you too... k04 does t look like a worthwhile upgrade in power? So that kit you sent is looking better is that direct bolt onto ours?

Users Country Flag
    Oh sorry. One of the 3071R kits came with a pump and I assumed this one did too. disregard. yeah if yours is rated for those pressures then all good. If you plan on running 4 bar then pay attention to the pressure specs that the injectors are rated for.
    Bigger MAF is because the stock maf is too small in diameter. Its flow will top out the maf sensor and then it'll under fuel. You need a bigger housing compatible with our maf sensor. I have a 3 inch I.D housing that you could use. Your sensor would plug straight into it and then you're good on that front.
    On the K04 front you'd be looking at the K04 frame off the Ausi S3/TT. Its called a K04-023 and needs the S3 manifold, lines, bigger TIP, a dump top section to turn it arouns like that Garret kit does to line up with the tunnel or the stock exhaust. They are very long in the tooth though. Plenty of people are doing K04-023 hybrids that have GT2860 wheels in them basically. That sounds like a Garrett but its not. The K04 exhausts are constrictive and the K04 frame is small (with big wheels jammed into it) so has a super small A/R, so not same same but still miles ahead of the K03s. You'll need bigger injectors and MAF for that too. You can get 300hp on a K04 hybrid. Y
    Your other option is a K03 hybrid. Same as a above with wheels as big as 2860's in them. That path allows you to keep your exhaust mani (needs to be ported though), exhaust, lines etc. You'll still need injectors and a bigger MAF. They are an even smaller frame again than a K04-023 type. They literally neck down in the hot sides turbo thoat to something the size of a 10 cent coin and super small A/R. They will spool like a light switch, hit peak boost FAST and tear your head off. Really good for point and shoot driving but will run everything HOT. More back pressure will mean less timing and higher EGT's so if sustained hard running on a track is your thing I wouldnt recommend it.
    J top just did a frankenturbo F21 I think. PM him (just click on his name) and got some big numbers. You'll still need injectors and MAF and bigger TIP too. Te best K03 hybrid that doesnt need rods is the Littco L280. L300 and above needs rods for sure. The bybrids because they are small frame turbos come on HARD and will noodle rods probably easier than a GT2860 brought on with a smooth ramp and low peak boost.
    I'm going to PM you and recommend a couple of people too you so watch your notifications. when something comes in click 'settings' and you'll find your messages under there.

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    Yep pretty tough......except for the whimpy sintered rods.
    if you go garret you can get off the shelf oil/ water lines, exhaust mani, dump top sections virtually in kit form. Yeah I reckon a 2860RS would be awesome. It is still only 1781cc.
    I think I made 212kw with the GT2860rs (plenty of fun) on a K04 Hybrid tune before, i decided to go a GT2867 Gen2 and a Haltech Elite Ecu

GT2860rs is a cheaper turbo than a fancy Hybrid K03/04
    MODS- TOO MANY

What are you making on the gt2867r?

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    What are you making on the gt2867r?
    242 at the wheels on 98, so would prob be about 280 on E85. Nash made 300 at the hubs on same turbo on E85
    MODS- TOO MANY

Yeah not too bad and hows traction? What do you have for running gear LSD? Semi slicks?. What's stopping you from high 200-300?

Also what do you guys think about these maXpeeding rods? I sent them a BS offer which they've come back at me with $350+50 for shipping? Cheapest I can find the IE are like $700? And they look the same, wouldn't be surprised if there forged in the same mill... Then stamped/etched their brand on them

H-beam Connecting Rods fit for VW Passat Golf Gti 1.8T 225 16V 20V 19mm taper | eBay
    Last edited by Akuma; 09-08-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    hey be careful with Maxpeeding rods for 1.8T 20V. They have a listing for the motor, have the correct main and pin diameters but the width on the big end is incorrect. Not wide enough on the big end. Don't take my word for it. Get the specs off the IE site and cross reference but that was an issue only1 year ago. Otherwise plenty of people run them. Check out Scat for a cheaper than eye watering alternative. I'll get in touch with a guy that sources China rods and see if he has anything.

Yeah mate awesome and that 3" maf would be cool too👌 I've ordered the vag cable what wideband do we use? I'm thinking of having some tuning play now so I know a bit more. I have hours a day alone at home to learn and play with. And I've always wanted to learn the tuning side of things. So I'm thinking I might have a little play now while I'm not doing anything...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast