Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polo Boot refuses to open!

Users Country Flag

Polo Boot refuses to open!

Has anyone else had any issues with the boot on the polo refusing to open? You always find yourself at the shopping center trying to get shopping in the boot, unlock the car, and the boot refuses to budge! then sometimes its ok..

Found myself in this situation at least a dozen times now, girlfriends polo has the same exact issue..

Only way around it is to lock the car, wait a minute or two, then try again, until its willing, you will not get the boot open..

Anyone know of a solution to this

Cheers and Merry Christmas
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1
    2010 Polo GTI 9n3, 4 Program APR Tune, PD160, White line front and rear sway bar

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by flat6 View Post
    Has anyone else had any issues with the boot on the polo refusing to open? You always find yourself at the shopping center trying to get shopping in the boot, unlock the car, and the boot refuses to budge! then sometimes its ok..

Found myself in this situation at least a dozen times now, girlfriends polo has the same exact issue..

Only way around it is to lock the car, wait a minute or two, then try again, until its willing, you will not get the boot open..

Anyone know of a solution to this

Cheers and Merry Christmas
    Do you need to double press the button to unlock both doors?

I have mine set to open both doors with one press, so the boot is always unlocked at that time.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Do you need to double press the button to unlock both doors?

I have mine set to open both doors with one press, so the boot is always unlocked at that time.

Gavin
    How do you change it Gav?!?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    2006 Polo GTI | Custom 2.5" Downpipe | APR Stage 2 | H&R | 17" Denvers | Whiteline LCA Bushes | Whiteline RSB | K&N Filter | 312mm TT Brakes | RDA Rotors | Remsa Pads | SAI Delete

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishelliwell View Post
    How do you change it Gav?!?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I did mine with VCDS I don't believe there's another way.

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have mine set to open the doors with one press, gf's polo is a double press but doesn't seem to make a difference..
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1
    2010 Polo GTI 9n3, 4 Program APR Tune, PD160, White line front and rear sway bar

Users Country Flag
    Spray some WD40 up into the locking mechanism. It might just be gummed up and not releasing
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I just use the key when the handle is not working
    Somehow the boot handle is using wire to control the lock not mechanical
    Weird design
    06 Polo TDi

Noticed the rear boot handle gets a lot of dirt behind it, hosed all the crap out and sprayed some wd40 into the lock mechanism, no jams so far
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1

Still having this problem with both Polo's, always seems to get you when you have just done some shopping, pet hate number 1 so far!

This is the culprit, yet to organize this part from VW, anyone know a palce to pick these up on the weekend, Part Number: 1t0962103Polo Boot refuses to open!-imag1620-jpg
    Polo Boot refuses to open!-imag1621-jpg
    2016 Golf R, APR Stage 1

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flat6 View Post
    Still having this problem with both Polo's, always seems to get you when you have just done some shopping, pet hate number 1 so far!

This is the culprit, yet to organize this part from VW, anyone know a palce to pick these up on the weekend, Part Number: 1t0962103Polo Boot refuses to open!-imag1620-jpg
    Polo Boot refuses to open!-imag1621-jpg
    Hi flat6,was the abovementioned part (1t0962103) your problem,dit this fix the 'intermittent fault'.I am having the same issues with my 2013 polo Vivo GT 1.6.The boot lid wil have a 'no respond' issues every now and then.To climb into the back of a 2 door vivo is not that easy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast