Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polo 9n3 gti Dash trim removal- HELP NEEDED

Users Country Flag

Polo 9n3 gti Dash trim removal- HELP NEEDED

I have a few cracks forming on my dash in my Polo.they are driving me insane. does any else have this issue?

Also how do I remove this panel? does it just unclip? Anyone pulled one out before?

See pic below for what im talking about

Also i have a slow coolant leak.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of coolant hoses for polo 9n3 gti? the leaking hose is in a bastard of a spot at the front of the engine. it is so fiddly I cant see a vw part number. I can only barely see the leaking hose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    John
    2008 POLO GTI - SOLD
    2005 MkV Golf GTI - couldn't resist

Users Country Flag
    I have the same cracks.

I would assume that its mounted to the dash some how..

Break it off and have a squiz

Fingers crossed there is a p/n for it!!

That section of the dash is a part of the whole dash as far as I know. big jobby to remove, you need a special bit for the steering wheel and need to remove a lot to get to it.

I'd just get something to go over it (make yourself a big material sticker)

Users Country Flag
    I have had good success with a Vinyl repairer for stuff like that.

He repaired my Cruiser steering wheel that had worn at the stitching and he made it look pretty good he also recolored the side panels in the rear and where my arm had worn the color off the drivers door trim.

He then fixed the holes in the vinyl floor of our Caravan where I had changed the table and left 8 ugly screwholes through it.

It was a cream mottled color but he was so good i couldnt see the repaired piece without a really close look. He is in Brisbane so good for one of you but not the other.

Dont hink he would fix the coolant leak though LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    OK,

So i have just been at friends for the good part of 2 hours inspecting the dash.

Here is the conclusion.

That part CAN be replaced, but is actually the dash.

The soft rubber type part of the dash is actually bolted to the plastic part of the dash (in which that front piece is one complete part of).

If you are willing to replace the whole dash, then yes you can do it. And Noone, i completely forgot what you said about the steering wheel and stood around for 30 mins trying to make a Torx bit go in the hole until i realised it wasn't going to fit (that's what she said).

See pictures.

I had to cut the windscreen out to get a proper look at it all since i wasn't going to remove the whole dash just to check it out.

Took the windscreen out... Right!

Its a difficult space to work in. My short fix was to place cotton under the dash (like a section of an old tshirt) to shop it rubbing. Those little tan leather or whatever pads are what stops it (or part of it) squeeking around.

Thanks for the photos, looks like it needs a bit of cleaning now (although its hidden, so no one would know either way).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Fair enough, taking the dash out would be a **** of a job might be easier to order a dash mat for it.....

glad its not just mine though.

Any idea RE the coolant hoses? anyone have a diagram of all the hoses in the engine bay? or know where i can get one from?

Thanks for the response guys.
    2008 POLO GTI - SOLD

Coolant leak location #1 is on the radiator itself, reasonably common (think I have a very slow one as well, but not worth chasing for the quarterly 100ml required).

From memory its where one of the plastic pipe clippy bits goes (awesome explanation I know).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by noone View Post
    Coolant leak location #1 is on the radiator itself, reasonably common (think I have a very slow one as well, but not worth chasing for the quarterly 100ml required).

From memory its where one of the plastic pipe clippy bits goes (awesome explanation I know).
    no this one is definately at the engine, as there is a red stain going down the front of the block. cant see any other leaks
    2008 POLO GTI - SOLD

got me one of these to cover it up

Volkswagen POLO (07/02-12/09) PSAB
    09 Polo GTi "Elke" | APR DV1 | H&R 35mm | Bilstein B8 | Remsa Pads | Pioneer |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast