Hi Watercooled,

I couldn't find this anywhere so thought id post it up, i will do my best to get some photos when i do another bolt check shortly.

Same PITA level as removing the turbo if you can tolerate that you'll be okay with this.

Before you start please obtain new subframe bolts, with the cars age these are prone to corrosion.

The subframe does need to be dropped but not all the way, the passenger side will need to dropped to allow the sway bar to be pulled through the drivers side,

Jack the front of the car up and setup your jack stands.

Remove both front tires and rest them underneath the car for added safety.

The front drivers side strut will need to be removed entirely, this makes the removal process a lot easier.

Undo the front sway bar mounts and remove the links.

Please make sure your engine is supported by a jack, Remove the dogbone mount by undoing the two bolts from underneath engine,

Drop the passenger side portion of the subframe by removing all associated bolts, i found it is best to get replacements of these as the cars are getting older they do become prone to corrosion, undo the two smaller bolts holding the steering rack onto the subframe.

You should now have enough space to maneuver the sway bar through to the drivers side, you may have to pry the subframe downwards a touch to fit it through, please do so lightly.

The hard part is done, sit down and grab a bite and a drink.

Reassemble everything, the sway bar goes in the same way you removed the other one, start with the subframe then loosely reassemble the remaining suspension components before loading up the front suspension and torquing everything back down, Use Loctite where required.

Triple check all your bolts and your done, for a pretty big job the process isn't too bad, i had been daunting this task for months before i got stuck in, all in all a few hours and your done.

Take her for a test drive, you shouldn't require an alignment if you've marked everything beforehand, if you do go and get one.

If you have any questions please let me know, I will post back once i have had a decent enough drive to determine the difference.