Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip's little Red (Marco)

Users Country Flag

Phillip's little Red (Marco)

My little 2007 Polo is standard.....at the moment. It is essentially going to be used for driving myself from home to the bus station each day (and back) and from home to the gym as well as frequent trips just for fun throughout the week or meets when I get involved (we do bigger trips during the weekend in my wife's car).

Pretty sure that my next investment will be in the rolling variety (I like large wheels), so am thinking a set of 18"s won't go astray
    This will probably be followed by a rear sway bar (I've read some great stuff on here about this being a must)
    Exhaust/Intake improvements
    Stereo

After that...who knows.

Users Country Flag
    looks familiar!

I'm coming up to 12 months with mine, thoroughly enjoying it

Users Country Flag
    Nice tidy car mate. All the black bits are so black!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    All the black bits are so black!
    haha - that's right, looks much nicer than dusty grey!! did you clean them Phillip?

I put my left side trim back on a couple of weeks ago. I'd taken it off to paint the side in January (?) - looks better

looking at the first photo, it's really crying out for some rear wheel spacers. I should take a photo of my car at the same angle, it looks phat

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I literally bought it on Monday. Took those photos from the seller. It looks mint IMO, I'll need to look into cleaning tips methinks.

Hmmmmmm rear spacers you say. I'll look into that, depending what wheels end up moving it around

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    18s don't suit the 9N. They will upset the dynamics of the car. You can really sense the extra rotational mass on these small vehicles. Worse still if it's not tuned.
    Rear anti roll bar works well. Rear LCA bushes are terrible get some anti lift ones fitted.
    Sticky tyres on the std wheels is the way to go

Users Country Flag
    Yep agreed. Bridgestone Re003's a re a decent street tyre that you can sometimes get in a pay for 3 get 4 deal. !8's get horribly heavy unless they are super expensive track ones and they will just make the car accelerate slower due to gearing/weight and tyres will be pricey. I doubt they'd even fit. Tyres/ bar and the bushes at the rear of the control arm are the way to go. Then whack a stage 1 tune in it and it will be pretty nippy.

Users Country Flag
    I had the 17" Audi TT wheels on for a while. They looked great but boy did I notice the extra weight. Gone back to lightweight 16" BBS wheels and the improvement in handling is huge.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Great advice everyone. Where is the best place for a stage 1 tune in Brisbane?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MattSA9N3 View Post
    I had the 17" Audi TT wheels on for a while. They looked great but boy did I notice the extra weight. Gone back to lightweight 16" BBS wheels and the improvement in handling is huge.
    Yes do the LCA rear bushes, I did. Delete the air pump too. Mine has been a lot better on fuel since it was done. Computer showed 4.7 recently. Downhill lol

Mine has had the 17's on it since I got it in 2010, but I have never been pleased with the 40 profile rough as heck ride. And as Gav said 18's are not suitable, I am leaning on going back to OEM wheels if I can get a reasonable set of 4. Ohh you have a set!!! on Marco!

So as Markos' owner, if you do change from OEM wheels please give me the 1st option to buy them off you?

Cheers Al

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast