Support VWWC

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Polo Tyre Thread

Has anybody with the Marangoni's had them on long enough to comment on durability/wear?
    MY08 Jetta TDI, DSG, Platinum Grey, Anthracite Leather, Foglights
    MY07 Polo TDI, Reflex Silver, GTI Wheels, GTI Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by mr_walker View Post
    Has anybody with the Marangoni's had them on long enough to comment on durability/wear?
    I've had 'em 6 months now ... no signs of wear ... but that's only about 7,500ks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Im going to try find the cheapest set of NEW 205/45/16's i can get. And see what they are like. Just for a change.
    Will be Fallken's of Hancook's for sure

I'm getting a set of Adrenaline's in the next few weeks... anyone know who fixes gutter scrapes on wheels in brisbane???

'06 Polo GTi - Candy White / Custom Leather / Looking for Dish!!!

OK I've been looking for a good deal on the Marangoni's in Canberra, and the best I could find was about $200 fitted. This is really stretching my budget at the moment, and I want to get my GTI rims onto my Polo, so I've been ringing around and I'm also considering:

Falken ZE912's for $159 fitted
    Firestone Wide Ovals for $186 fitted
    Kuhmo KU25 $150 fitted
    Kuhmo KU31 $175 fitted

I'm leaning towards either the Kuhmo KU25's or the Falken ZE912's at the moment - has anybody got these on?

I found a place that sells "slightly used" imported euro tyres, and can supply Pirelli P Zero's for $90, but I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that...

Users Country Flag
    had mine about 6,000kms and they still look brand new. i really push them hard as well! traction is still as good as when i first go them.

OK I've been looking for a good deal on the Marangoni's in Canberra, and the best I could find was about $200 fitted. This is really stretching my budget at the moment, and I want to get my GTI rims onto my Polo
    the polo gti rims are 16's so you should be paying approx. $180/corner fitted and balanced. my marangonis are fited onto 17's with a 40 profile and i paid $204/corner fitted and balanced. $200 is way too expensive, is it throught Jax Quickfit Tyre like dave and I?
    Last edited by RhysQ; 07-10-2008 at 01:41 PM.

2010 Reflex Silver MK6 Golf GTI
    Sunroof - MDI - Superchip - 19" VMR V710 - Kuhmo Ecsta SPT KU31 - VW Racing Panel Filter

My Marangoni's are about the same age as others here and they are still looking good as they should. I still often find myself thinking that they are really nice tyres in all weather situations.

Just did a trip to blue mountains and back via Oberon on Saturday. It was raining all the way and although the road is very twisty in places I was still able to stick at the speed limit for indicated 65km/h corners.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Polo GTI-] View Post
    $200 is way too expensive, is it throught Jax Quickfit Tyre like dave and I?
    Yeah - I rang around a couple of different Jax stores in Canberra for quotes on the Marangoni 205/45/16's and they ranged from $195 to $215. If I could find a price in the $170-$180 ballpark my budget could probably stretch that far.

EDIT: Just called another Jax to confirm - $206.
    Last edited by mr_walker; 07-10-2008 at 02:32 PM.

The quote you guys have a so expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by hkogti View Post
    The quote you guys have a so expensive...
    Maybe it's the cost of trucking them to Canberra ...

I had a puncture the other day... which really didn't bother me for once as the tire that died was basically illegal anyway. A good excuse to finally spend some money. Based on the glowing reviews i've got a couple of Marangoni Zeta Linea on order to be fitted friday. $189 quoted. Bridgestone in brisbane.
    Last edited by pomme; 06-11-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: typos

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast