Support VWWC

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Polo Tyre Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tosspot View Post
    Noise and lack of wet weather grip.

Also, they cost more and only last about 10000kms.
    I haven't found any real negatives about running semi slicks. I had semi slicks on my last car(Falkan Azines RT-615's) and they lasted 25,000, and I ran them hard. Also wet grit was pretty good, but I have yet to test these Federals as it is the Dry Season up here, but I don't see them being that bad as they have a very deep V pattern grooving, and not the traditional Mono Block grip you find on most semi slicks. Tyre noise isn't that bad, and these Federals are quieter than the Continentals.
    I'll see how they go, but I love the grip I am getting from them.
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

While you're sorting out your thoughts...

Car - 2006 Polo TDI
    Rim Size - 16x6.5
    New Tyre - Michelin Preceda 2 - 205/45X16
    Tyre Replaced - Continentals
    Km's On new Tire - 300km
    Price - $210 ea at tempe tyres
    Thoughts on New Tyre - So much better than the stock Continentals except for ride. The Michilens give a slightly firmer ride. Turnin and grip are much better than the stock tyres.

Just on a side note - What pressures do you guys run on track days, with the Conti's?

Intend on going to Mallala soon

Users Country Flag
    Car - 2006 Polo GTI
    Rim Size - 17x7
    New Tyre - Marangoni Zeta Linea (205/40R17)
    Tyre Replaced - Toyo Proxes T1-R
    Km's On new Tire - only about 10 so far
    Price - $204/corner fitted and balanced, from JAX Quickfit Tyres Gold Coast
    Thoughts on New Tyre - Even as new i can notice a significant difference in take off and cornering grip so i am definitely looking forward to getting them well worn in. Schmick looking tread pattern and Italian quality to boot. Waiting for the rain to give them a good test. Definitely recommended so far.

2010 Reflex Silver MK6 Golf GTI
    Sunroof - MDI - Superchip - 19" VMR V710 - Kuhmo Ecsta SPT KU31 - VW Racing Panel Filter

Come down to Sydney there's plenty of that today.
    2001 S4 Matte Charcoal metallic | M6 | MTM tuned | Zinram 3.5inch catback | SRM SMIC's | ST Coilovers | Work Meister S13p's

2002 Bora 4Mo Indigo Blue Pearl | FK Coils | Air box swisscheesing | Audi B5 S4 Wheels

Users Country Flag
    I know this might not be the best place to ask this question as it seems many of you track your cars, but I'm putting it out there anyway and hoping for the best.

Is there a brand of tire that is known for a quiet and comfortable ride? I don't race so off the line grip and side wall flexing is not an issue at all. I'm after a tire that first and foremost is quiet. Second most important is handling in the wet and thirdly, fuel efficient.

I realise this is in direct contrast with most of the tires recommend here, but I'm hoping for some suggestions.

Users Country Flag
    Bridgestone Adrenalins.Timbo and Flaps are both using them as road tyres and are both very impressed with them.I've driven Timbo's car and was suitably impressed.Dead quiet,good ride,and good grip.
    Cheers
    Len

oh no! was driving this morning and realised my front right tire was completely shredded

car is only one month old, should I just replace the spare with the standard continentals that come with the GTI or should I go for somthing different?

where are they cheapest for in Sydney? (replacement continentals)

thanks everyone!

Car - 2007 Polo GTI
    Rim size - 16 x 6.5
    New Tyre - Marangoni Zeta Linea
    Tyre Size - 205/45/16
    Tyre Replacement - Conti CS2
    Cost - $170 each
    Kms on new tyre - 15km

Just got them fitted today, and even though they're not worn in they already feel more grippy. steering has much more feel. I can't wait till I've worn them in.

Im going to try find the cheapest set of NEW 205/45/16's i can get. And see what they are like. Just for a change.

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast