Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My nugget + mods done

Hi Sam, I did heaps of research and tbh if you look up 1.8t 2.5" vs 3" catback exhaust. You will see heaps of links and dyno sheets for audi & vw with 1.8t's

And the 2.5" cat back is fine for up to 400hp but if you go 3" cat back its more for sound & that's it. But it's been proven on A big turbo set up that a 3" cat back is way more beneficial and way better. The 2.5" on the dyno showed proven power throughout the rev range & the 3" cat back showed low end power lost but gained more top end power

And 2.5 is perfect for our engines.. I wanted my car quiet as and tbh the set up I have now is perfect but my pops and bangs make ppl duck for cover now. I had a lady jump on her kids fearing its a drive by that's how bad it is.

Once this virus passes I'll be taking my car to eastern creek for a quarter mile time against my cousin mk5 gti he's going stage 2 also (same tuner) & I see you're in NSW so come down if you're free on that week that we do go, I'll update you.

My car boost guage is only reading -30 for the past 2 weeks with no leaks so I'm thinking my boost gauge is cactus.

But yes after the 2.5" exhaust catback was installed the car runs 100x better becuase the tuner said your car must have a 2.5 or 3" exhaust to benifit from the tune and honestly I'm breaking traction in second gear once on boost and heaps now too, it's really bad. I've ordered A new set of 4 tyres and will get them done soon at tempe tyres for sticky falken ze914 tyres I just hope I'm not over boosting cause 2nd gear on boost it's spinning heaps. My eml327 app is saying I'm boosting to 28psi and it read 50psi boost spike and I call BS on that so I will see once I get a new boost gauge installed & what it's actually boosting.

With the fan I've seen online ppl in the mr2 clubs are letting the fans run at all time while the car is on if they're boosted above stock so I'm thinking of having my fan on at all times and will run a water spray set up to keep temps down if i race, track etc

Users Country Flag
    yeah running the fan constantly wont hurt. Those small fans can be pretty intrusive with the noise though but by the sound of it you wont be hearing it over the exhaust anyway.
    I forgot you said you were running de-cat so I understand it must be really popping and banging for sure.
    Ok so from what you are saying the cat back + dump is markedly more powerful than standard back section + dump. And from what you are saying the difference is felt from boost onset all the way through, not just up top. Correct?

PS - yep your gauge is cactus. Plumbed to the plenum with a proper reducer tee piece is the way to go. But yeah 50psi is impossible. It just cant push that much air and back pressure in the exhaust will stop it going much above 30 psi anyway.

Yes with no cat it's popping heaps but with the new exhaust cat back it has mad a massive difference 100% and I stand by that but how long it will last because of the pops and bangs I won't know because basically the rear muffler is just restricting the sound coming out.. But throughout the rev range it has improved heaps and it feels more free flowing with my foot down.

The standard cat back felt like it was chocking while on WOT.

Users Country Flag
    cool. thanks mate. I'll have to weigh up which way to go.

All good Sam and I forgot to say but I remember now that the best set up was 2.75" cat back exhaust and I think apr proved that plus both milltek and apr sell 2.75 cat back set ups.
    I say 2.5" is perfect for up to 400-500hp
    No need to go 3" unless you want it more louder.
    Exhaust chart attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My nugget + mods done-20200328_080949-jpg  

New tyres all around dunlop sports lm704 from tempe tyre's and wheel spin in 2nd gear isn't as bad now but these tyres are so ***** in the wet but are good in the dry but hoenstly dont buy them...

The boost guage is sorted with a new one and it's now peaking at 24psi like it should.

Next week it's booked for a 5" round resonator at 14" long to be installed due to it being way to loud now... Dont get pops and bang my muffler died out from it and the car is way to loud now plus it just shoots flames none stop out of the exhaust
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My nugget + mods done-20200515_104103-jpg   My nugget + mods done-screenshot_20200517-204055-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    I got the same ecu as you have except for the deletes, I recently done a 2.5 downpipe with high flow cat to 2.5 custom xforce to varex.
    After the exhaust gets hot enough i too tend to spit out a flame or two. I must have an issue with mine as i'm only getting 18psi though.

These are some nice cars to play with

Hi mate mine was playing up too but this pressure test and smoke test and sorted a few leaks and it peaks at 21 to 24psi every time.

How long have you had your ecu for? We got another ecu from 06atechnik for a faimly friends car but it took well over 5months to arrive due to this crap covid.

Hi mate mine was playing up too but this pressure test and smoke test and sorted a few leaks and it peaks at 21 to 24psi every time.

How long have you had your ecu for? We got another ecu from 06atechnik for a faimly friends car but it took well over 5months to arrive due to this bs covid.

Users Country Flag

I got the ecu around June it took about a month to arrive.
    The pops and bangs on it are so aggressive.(when shifting at 4k its pure gunshots)
    Yea when i get some time i got to replace the n249 valve or what ever it is that feeds the diverter valve, when i put the gfb response in there the nipple broke on it and I've clamped it down on the bit that is left and used some epoxy type glue to keep it in there until i replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12