Thanks guys. Is this one not a common problem with those of us running plenty of boost? All sorted now and I can't believe how much better it is and how I thought it was running fine before when under boost...I guess the split got gradually worse and I just didn't notice the power loss...but now suddenly I'm in love with my POG again

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
Epic win there Dunc. Hope you can find a secondhand pipe from somewhere.

06A 145 832 M should be $114 AUD over here

I just googled it and the Golf GTI has the same part. Its not Polo specific
I didn't see your edit there, Gav, about it being the same as the Golf until later. I actually went and ordered a new one from VW, about the same price as what you said above, 2 week wait, but then saw your edit, cancelled the order and ended up finding a used one local from an Audi TT 180, $20!

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
Yeah nice find. I built a tester like yours a while back but never got around to buying a compressor. I have a spare (90,000km) one of those hoses if you get stuck.
The tester I made there was still letting air leak into the engine, I guess via an EGR valve and/or crankcase breather or something, so for less obvious leaks than the one I had, you'd want to use a puck or two to block off one or two of those other pipes. Not sure how I'd survive without my compressor