Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last days of warranty, what to check for?

Users Country Flag

Last days of warranty, what to check for?

I picked up my current 9N3 GTI from a toyota dealer in Port Macquarie a couple of months ago, its a 08 model they got on trade and came with 11,800Km on the clock for $15k.

The dealer put 3 months of warranty on it and told me if I had any issues to just take it to VW themselves or my preferred mechanic and have them bill them for anything that would be covered by a factory warranty.

I just noticed today that my rear wiper does not spray water when its activated so I intend on having it looked at which leads me to my question..

Is there anything else i should get them to check for while i'm at it, any niggling issues you wish you'd claimed while you had the chance?

I kinda feel like asking them to go over it with fine tooth comb.. why not right?

Users Country Flag
    It sounds obvious but; check everything. Go over the entire car and open/close/press/use everything. Find the issues of things that don't work.

Users Country Flag
    Heres a couple:

Have a look at the rear control arm bushes and your drop links. Also listen to your AC compressor and auxiliary air pump (can you hear a whining noise on start up?).

Edit: at those low k's the only one of those that might apply would be control arm bushes.. maybe

Keep a keen feel out for gear box crunches.

Users Country Flag
    Fill up the water bottle for the wiper maybe.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    The rear washer takes a few seconds to get water to the jet, so try and give that a go.
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the responses, few things to check for there cheers!

The rear washers is the issue that lead me to even think of making a claim, I removed the boot cover and the hose is connected but I don't remember it working from day one so it has to be a problem elsewhere along the line

on a brighter note I have the Apr tune booked for monday
    Last edited by ilz; 15-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    also, I've noticed that my power steering may be a little noisy.. Its most noticeable when I reverse out of my carport in the mornings and chuck a 2 point turn, I can hear the motors whirring from inside the cabin and I don't remember hearing that in the 07 model I had a few years back..

Scuse my paranoia but I just cant figure out why it only had such low k's on it when i picked it up and i've been looking for problems since..
    Last edited by ilz; 15-08-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilz View Post
    also, I've noticed that my power steering may be a little noisy.. Its most noticeable when I reverse out of my carport in the mornings and chuck a 2 point turn, I can hear the motors whirring from inside the cabin and I don't remember hearing that in the 07 model I had a few years back..

Scuse my paranoia but I just cant figure out why it only had such low k's on it when i picked it up and i've been looking for problems since..
    Yeah that's been raised as a common issue. Mine still does it after 5 years. It doesn't seem to become a problematic problem.

Users Country Flag

I have a 2008 Gti with approx 72ks and the PS does whiring noises and has done since I got it. If that's the only issue I will be happy. Cheers Al.
    Last edited by Polo GTEye N9; 19-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast