Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: JT's Polo Building Adventure!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Update

Soooo been hella busy getting everything done and dusted.

White Polo, Stage 1 UGP all done! Fixed up PCV elbow, filled up petrol tank... yeah... my brother was close to empty and he put in another 3L in and what do you know xD running dry, only took 37 litres to fill her up(5L to get her to the petrol station for the remainder).

Grey Polo, managed to scout out a GTI at the wreckers, so got the sideskirt, hood, bumper bracket and last few bits needed to complete the build. Cleaned out the gutter under the wiper arms and wiped down as much as possible. Mounted the front end on, just got to reassemble the fog light lenses with some butyl. Car's pretty much ready for a roadworthy, last owner looked after it meticulously, absolute pity they spun out *clock spring wasn't put back properly and traction control was forever disabled *

And now my other white Polo hehe
    Waiting on the rear brace, they should be all done getting powder coated by tomorrow, pick them up, install mine for tomorrow night and distribute the rest on Saturday. Have installed the infotainment system(works beautifully), sub is all wired in and have a plan for the old radio hole in my dash. Golf GTI steering wheel in, redone the wiring harness ready so when I get the control unit can make all the buttons work.
    Fuel pump arrived finally after........ 75 days, yeah... Oh well, at least it's here.
    Jobs for tomorrow are:
    Trans fluid replacement
    Clutch line replacement
    Fuel pump to go in
    Rear Brace to go in
    Need to go find methanol somewhere :/ just thought of it :|
    And then off to Gavin in the evening for its tune.

Going to be a very long day!

Cheers
    Last edited by JTop; 23-07-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Simon!
    I have one spare brace due to someone dropping out last minute. If you'd be after one text me, should have them ready by next week! $229 for the brace itself + $23 for powdercoating and you get an OCD EURO sticker too. + $18.50 Postage because we're back to lockdown in Melbourne
    You have to drill 4x 11mm holes, rivnut system to create mounting points. This is so the brace can be screwed in/taken out whenever really easily. Quite straight forward really.
    VW Polo AW Interior Chassis Bracing - OCDEuro Australia
    Most definitely be processing more if anyone else is interested!
    sorry for not getting back to you - I'm gonna leave it with you, I spent more than I had spare on a diff

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JTop View Post
    Fuel pump arrived finally after........ 75 days, yeah... Oh well, at least it's here.
    Jobs for tomorrow are:
    Trans fluid replacement
    Clutch line replacement
    Fuel pump to go in
    Rear Brace to go in
    Need to go find methanol somewhere :/ just thought of it :|
    And then off to Gavin in the evening for its tune.
    What new clutch line did you go for? Or you just replacing with OEM one?

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    nice one. I had a squiz at the UGP post. 340Nm! I'll be watching to see if your rods stay intact!!

Gavin was quick at it! and yes THANK YOU!!!

So yeah, making a bit of fun power, had a few pulls tonight and I genuinely scared the **** out of myself. Gotta get used to it
    Didn't get everything I wanted done on Friday, but the majority done!
    Trans fluid, fuel pump got a wheel alignment done so it'll be good on the dyno and topped up as much as I could after the car sat for 3 weeks.

Still have the clutch line to do as well as replace a coolant hose(it's buggered ) which was my stuff up for instructing my brother to push it onto the radiator and m forgetting to clamp it...
    Still waiting on the bracing should get the call early this week
    Couldn't test out the watermeth on the dyno because of it which sucks but oh well..
    Once that's all mounted, sub also gets mounted and then I've only got the steering wheel controls to finish once the controller arrives!

Then all the little things which I'll do over time and keep everyone updated on!

hehe Cheers

Simon!!
    No worries, I seen the ad and yeah, LSD is totally worth it!!!

Jelwin
    Just the stock one mate, think I've got a S3 one on at the moment. Because it doesn't have a bracket, it likes to move and squeak a bit as well as the pedal being a little softer than I personally prefer.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Jan do you have a trace of the boost curve. I’m curious what boost level you are at for those numbers.
    Also you ran EV14 550cc injectors yeah? How much duty cycle were they at?
    Yeah a shame you couldn’t test the water meth on the dyno. Would’ve been good to see back to back comparisons.
    Last edited by sambb; 26-07-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Update

Car's absolutely beautiful. just <3
    Car was having a bit of a piss on the dyno, sorry Gavin ahaha
    Found out why yesterday. Thought the silicone cracked, but nope
    JT's Polo Building Adventure!-mvimg_20200726_165835-jpgJT's Polo Building Adventure!-mvimg_20200726_165745-jpg
    Ignore my hands and work attire please xD
    Replaced this clip and now it's not leaking anymore! Got a few bits and pieces for friends and to add to my spares pile

Got the rear chassis braces back today, already installed mine, watermeth tank and pump mounted, just have the subwoofer to do and then I'll take a photo of my setup. Already wrapped one up to send to WA tomorrow.
    JT's Polo Building Adventure!-mvimg_20200727_151913-jpg
    They look soooo good
    Just waiting on the black ones to be ready

Also got my Watermeth solenoid today, have that too to install, should take 15mins max for mounting and soldering it in.
    Still waiting for the steering wheel control module so I can finish that off.

Need to lower the screen by another 1.5cm, can be done and then build a shroud for it to cover its rear. It turned out not that bad.
    After that the radio slot will become a phone holder with wireless charging for my new phone when it comes out in oct/november.

That's about all,
    Enjoy your Tuesdays!

Cheers

Sammm!
    I do but it was for the first run Gavin did, not sure what logs he's got, ask him OR I can try run them tomorrow when I've got a moment. As for the duty cycle, same stuff. Unsure I asked to butt in and learn a bit but unfortunately at the shop can't be there forever.
    I'm tempted to run again, with a fresh tank of fuel and watermeth and see how it goes. But also the idea of E85 lingers... Might do that next year. Upgrade injectors and rods and see how much further it can go.
    Last edited by JTop; 27-07-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

Thanks gav. The boost doesn’t seem to fall away that much throughout the run for a K03 frame turbo. Looks good. How’s The F21 compare to your K300 overall?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast