Support VWWC

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Gavin's cheapy but getting more expensive GTI ;)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Got motivated enough today to put it back together. Spun it on the starter with plugs out to get the oil pressure back up. Then fired it up. Started first flick of the key, no horrible noises. Let it get to temp and checked the sump for leaks. All good.

A quick trip around the block. Going to put it down as serviceable for the time being.

I had an exhaust place organise some flanges, so I could have a downpipe made. They turned up on Friday, so even though it's not 100%, I am going to get the downpipe made up at the end of the week. Even though I won't be able to gun it hard. Otherwise I'd be into the New Year before getting sorted.

Gavin

Special delivery

Check out what the parcel looked like. I was stunned to find the whole lot was still there.

So the dilemma now is do I fit the FMIC while I still have to swap the motor out????????

Answers on a $50 please to the usual address.

Users Country Flag
    Oooh nice kit there, what did she set you back? I hope they didn't include a box in the shipping charge

I bought just under 200 quids worth of gear total. Probably about 140 quids worth all together.

Just looking to see what the FMIC cost I can't find the invoice but I reckon the IC was 225, 20 for brackets and 65 for delivery. Just over 300 quid.

Gavin
    Last edited by h100vw; 13-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post

So the dilemma now is do I fit the FMIC while I still have to swap the motor out????????

Answers on a $50 please to the usual address.
    I know a nice bloke who'd let you trial fit it to his car, and even test it for an indefinite time period, just to make it'll be safe on your car.

On a more constructive note, if you have time to fit it now, might as well. If you do it at reasonable hours of the day, I wouldn't mind looking over your shoulder, passing you beer or wrong sized spanners so I know what's involved.

Just been offered a new job, so likely to have one of these early in the new year.

Users Country Flag
    Yes great idea, would love to assist and learn DIY FMIC install Cheers Al

Users Country Flag
    bugger about the engine Gav. But a dam good excuse to do a big turbo conversion
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    I bought just under 200 quids worth of gear total. Probably about 140 quids worth all together.

Just looking to see what the FMIC cost I can't find the invoice but I reckon the IC was 225, 20 for brackets and 65 for delivery. Just over 300 quid.

Gavin
    Where you sourcing these, not that im up for buying any, too busy fixing broken ones but just curious, i thought i was doing ok with the trade parts club straight from Seat, obviously not, looks like "you" will be the one filling a container, mind you have to be straight up it is a nightmare sourcing and pricing after you have had a full day of it, i got next to zero laptop time apart from having it plugged into a car, not a complaint though couldnt be better actually.
    Jmac
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

Yeah Josh, it's not a big deal really. Bound to end up with a turbo kit on there and I'll build up the original bottom end for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Where you sourcing these, not that im up for buying any, too busy fixing broken ones but just curious, i thought i was doing ok with the trade parts club straight from Seat, obviously not, looks like "you" will be the one filling a container, mind you have to be straight up it is a nightmare sourcing and pricing after you have had a full day of it, i got next to zero laptop time apart from having it plugged into a car, not a complaint though couldnt be better actually.
    Jmac
    Emailed you Jimmy.... PSI Tuning couldn't better that price either.

Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast